9 Rigging Parts    

9 Canvas Rolls    

43 Blocks    

18 Cordage and Oakum        

26 Cables and Howers        

29 Iron Fittings    

69 Wooden Fittings    

22 Ballast 

So even frigates of this size don't require knees from compass wood?

Update:

- Noticed that i have written "Copper Fittings" instead of "Copper Ingots". 

- Will update the OP later today with more Ship's recipes + Correct the aforementioned mistake. 

Question:

How do you guys like the current setup/format of the guide? 
I'd like to know so that i can change it if there is another setup/format that you all might find more visually pleasing and easier to use. 

Also, for those wanting a printable version, i would love for you to check out this sheet and give me some feedback! ;)

SO what do the various woods do? Everything here is already in game and I can see or get access to it. 

What does FIr, Oak, Teak, Live oak do?

Well we don't have the exact data which is why it's not listed.

- Fir seems to be weak but light = Ship is easier to penetrate, has slightly less "planking" but is slightly faster than say a ship build of Oak. 

- Live Oak seems to be strong and heavy = Ship is harder to penetrate, has slightly more "planking" but is slightly slower than say, a ship build of Teak.

- I have not yet sailed enough in Oak nor Teak ships to get a feeling for what it does. 

• Like 1

Well we don't have the exact data which is why it's not listed.

- Fir seems to be weak but light = Ship is easier to penetrate, has slightly less "planking" but is slightly faster than say a ship build of Oak. 

- Live Oak seems to be strong and heavy = Ship is harder to penetrate, has slightly more "planking" but is slightly slower than say, a ship build of Teak.

- I have not yet sailed enough in Oak nor Teak ships to get a feeling for what it does. 

That's a little odd since they all have oak planks as skin. the different wood are used in the framing afaik.

Hi Tommy.

I'm using your dates to create my own excel table. I saw that your recipe for Iron Ingots include only 1 Coal but in the game is 5 coal.

Good job.

Hey Barcelo. Feel free ^^ 

- And thanks for pointing that out! 

- And thank you very much kind sir ^^ 

Has anyone converted these down into a list of raw materials per ship?

For example, Cutter needs 96 planks which requires 20 oak logs (5 planks per log) or 13 iron fittings which requires 24 iron ingots (4 iron fittings per 6 iron ingots) which requires 5 iron ore and 5 coal per ingot =

120 coal and 120 iron ore. [Recognise these examples produce more finished articles but that is what the game setting dictate].

Anyone with a wizzy spreahsheet that can do this?

PS Reason for asking - to know how much of the base 'stuff' I am going to have to find to build a ship :)

Hey Joshua. I/we do have a spreadsheet that can do some quite fancy stuff (Including what you are asking for.) but currently i'm/were keeping it as an internal tool for our members in TDA. We might release it to the public at some point, just like we did with our map. 

Renommee: crafting lvl 20, 541 labour hours

# Hull
20Rudder Parts
233 Planks
6 Tar
147 Frame Parts

# Rigs
9 Rigging Parts
9 Canvas Rolls
45 Blocks
19 Cordage and Oakum

# Fittings
27 Cables and Howers
31 Iron Fittings
73 Wooden Fittings
23 Ballast

16 Furnishings

• Like 1

Has anyone converted these down into a list of raw materials per ship?

For example, Cutter needs 96 planks which requires 20 oak logs (5 planks per log) or 13 iron fittings which requires 24 iron ingots (4 iron fittings per 6 iron ingots) which requires 5 iron ore and 5 coal per ingot =

120 coal and 120 iron ore. [Recognise these examples produce more finished articles but that is what the game setting dictate].

Anyone with a wizzy spreahsheet that can do this?

PS Reason for asking - to know how much of the base 'stuff' I am going to have to find to build a ship :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0f0X-HbMHKlt2m4wtgsGvLsIVX-hI9sib_a-z3wowY/edit?usp=sharing

It's a very basic version, nothing fancy

• Like 1