Game-Labs Forum

'L'Amazone' 1707 (With Plans)

Nice looking ships built at the end of the reign of Louis 14 !

Early 18th Century, a period of beautiful ship sterns (like the following one during Louis XV's reign). Some deco concepts can be found at the Archives of the Navy, such as Le Pompeux (1707), IIRC ; others directly on the Net.

Great thread, indeed. Well done.

PS : considering all the plans you posted, this thread could almost be renamed something like 'French warships of the early 18th century'.🙂 I don't know whether or not there are other threads about these ships.

Edited by LeBoiteux

Le Saint Philippe

French, 90 guns, 1693

built by Francois Coulomb at Toulon

She had "an especially rich career, under the command of illustrious officers. She was especially noteworthy at the battle of Velez-Malaga in 1704 under the command of the Chevalier d’Infreville but this campaign would be her last".

A new upcoming monograph from ancre.fr !!!!

Here

pdf

JOswOQX.jpg

Also :

L'Ambitieux 

1680, 80 guns

WRF47km.jpg

Monograph : here

Web :

http://mnm.webmuseo.com/ws/musee-national-marine/app/collection/record/9333

http://gerard.delacroix.pagesperso-orange.fr/ambitieux/amb0.htm

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Haratik said:

I take it the post was about stern galleries instead of ship types?

I will make the assumption that you are not trolling.

My post was about two monographs on 2 very nice ships of late 17th century : Le Saint-Philippe and L'Ambitieux.

Monographs are big and serious books about a subject, here a single ship with plans, paintings, pics of a ship model, history of the class / ship.

Those 2 ones are published by Ancre.fr, one of the most renowned publisher on the subject in France.

I'm talking about them because one is new and the other is upcoming.

That may interest some readers and, IMHO, Le Saint-Philippe would be a nice addition to NA.

Edited by LeBoiteux

10 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

I will make the assumption that you are not trolling.

My post was about two monographs on 2 very nice ships of late 17th century : Le Saint-Philippe and L'Ambitieux.

Monographs are big and serious books about a subject, here a single ship with plans, paintings, pics of a ship model, history of the class / ship.

Those 2 ones are published by Ancre.fr, one of the most renowned publisher on the subject in France.

I'm talking about them because one is new and the other is upcoming.

That may interest some readers and, IMHO, Le Saint-Philippe would be a nice addition to NA.

No certainly not.  You're not on my list :P

I merely saw the title and location of the thread and was left scratching my head as to why lineship images were being posted.