Game-Labs Forum

Optimum Graphics screen size

poosd

I just purchased a fast, high end gaming computer and am in the process of setting it up for NA use.  Is there an optimum screen dimension setting to make the beautiful ship models have the highest level of detail but also have their length v width ratio appear appropriate.  I have been doing some experimentation, with both my monitor settings and the graphics settings in NA, but don't seen to have hit on the right ratio.  I also noticed that when I went into a battle instance some of the UI (Compass, ship damage, guns, etc.) appeared to overlap on to each other.

This machine has more brains than I do, so any assistance would be appreciated.  The ship models in NA are so detailed and beautiful that I'd like to be able to use them at the highest setting possible.

Thanks,

Dean

the best options for the game would be the same as your monitor(which should be the highest you can choose) and i dont know about your graphics card, but if your computer is powerfull enough you can just max everything out, i dont know what goes as high end gaming computer, but i would assume atleast a gtx 970 or a r9 390

Just set up VSR - Virtual Super Resolution on my R9 290X and allow play me 4k resolution on my 27 full HD monitor...not sure how this work but game looks way better with little fps drop (like 5 fps). Try if you got good graphics, there is similiar feature in Nvidia drivers as well called DSR - Dynamic Super Resolution.

Just set up VSR - Virtual Super Resolution on my R9 290X and allow play me 4k resolution on my 27 full HD monitor...not sure how this work but game looks way better with little fps drop (like 5 fps). Try if you got good graphics, there is similiar feature in Nvidia drivers as well called DSR - Dynamic Super Resolution.

I can tell you how it works, in the case of nvidia they use software to render a 4k image and then display it on the monitor effectively showing a 4k image on a 1080p screen, AMD does it through hardware which means it has less of a performance hit but it is more restrictive.

• Like 1