Game-Labs Forum

When is a win not a win?

Elgirts

Last night while patroling outside of Old Town and Spanish Town in my Frigate, I stumbled across a little Trader Snow carying contriband. I was bored and decided, "What the hell". So I attacked it. Durring the engagement I figured that I should get some boarding practice in. I selected my prepare to board (9) and closed with it. At 100 preperation, I finaly came alongside and began boarding. Success!!! White flag goes up, and battle is over...   I decided to pop on over and inspect her (X). As soon as the capture completes I immediately go the battle end screen. I am without the Trader Snow, and I have no loot. I shrug, "That was odd" and I close the screen. All of a sudden I find myself back in Old Town minus a durrability on my Frigate! As far as I could tell, the battle was treated as a loss for me for some reason, and I was penalized a durability for it. :(

I tried to think of anything as to why this would occure and the only thing I could come up with was that possibly the Trader Snow had sunk while I was aboard her. However, I do not believe she was sinking while I captured her so I suspect a possible bug, or hiccup of some sort. I did complete a (F11) report upon discovery, but wanted to post it here to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Elgirts