Game-Labs Forum

Idea for dupe free surrender mechanic

.. that is also nice for friendly PvP:

If you surrender..

* Enemy captains get the option of taking over your ship with "X" like now or claiming "Y" it (or another right mouse button menu entry).

* Claiming will remove dura+cargo and the winner gets the ship as loot same as now.

* If you surrender but the enemy doesn't take your ship you keep everything.

* If your leave the battle instance early you lose a dura (and cargo), your ship remains unclaimed in the instance.

* Surrendered Ship stays in survival mode and may sink during the course of battle.

* Claiming puts the winners flag over the national colours of the surrendered ship (eyecandy down the line)

If you leave the instance before the battle finishes, I'd call that escaping.  I'm sorry bud but if you jump into a fight in a 1st rate and I'm in something smaller I think it's only fair that I can try and escape with my ship and durability in tact.  Same as with boarding, I had some idiot in a Constitution ram me into a boarding round yesterday how he done it I don't know because one minute I was full speed then all of a sudden he T-Boned me, his nose into my side at a 90 degree angle and then an instant boarding round started.  A round I would have had no chance of winning since his ship was vastly superior as well as his crew.  I don't really think it's fair to loose durability in situations like that either.  That's just my opinion though.  I would rather see an insurance type system being implemented(one not unlike Elite Dangerous)durability being done away with altogether.