Game-Labs Forum

1000 Hours reached

Dragonfire

Yea have had  it at  2 mill and at 800 k right now cause I keep buying ships for new players and ones that have hard time affording it gonna lose it anyway and after 800k and have all the excep mods what are you going to buy anyway lol.

Yea have had  it at  2 mill and at 800 k right now cause I keep buying ships for new players and ones that have hard time affording it gonna lose it anyway and after 800k and have all the excep mods what are you going to buy anyway lol.

I have heard a rumor that the entire island of Tobago will soon be on the market for $4.3 mil - but it's just a rumor ;)

• Like 2

I think it would be cool if they put up several real tiny islands with like 1 port and the admiralty for each country would sell them to someone from their nation for a ridiculous price like 100 million that would have one port, but it would be a large port.  In the port you could do certain things like maybe have the ability to craft slightly better 1st rates, get special commissions, cheaper repairs, etc.  And if some other nation successfully attacks it, you would lose some large % of the bank's gold.  

• Like 1

I think it would be cool if they put up several real tiny islands with like 1 port and the admiralty for each country would sell them to someone from their nation for a ridiculous price like 100 million that would have one port, but it would be a large port.  In the port you could do certain things like maybe have the ability to craft slightly better 1st rates, get special commissions, cheaper repairs, etc.  And if some other nation successfully attacks it, you would lose some large % of the bank's gold.

Of course this would lend itself to players who can put the time in which in turn would mean all your buddies could pay you for those extra special ships thus breaking the game no I don't agree with this thought. I am lucky if I get 2-3 hours a day I am at 390 hours player so in theory I would be 9 months behind you in the ability to afford such an island let alone take it from you bad idea I say

Of course this would lend itself to players who can put the time in which in turn would mean all your buddies could pay you for those extra special ships thus breaking the game no I don't agree with this thought. I am lucky if I get 2-3 hours a day I am at 390 hours player so in theory I would be 9 months behind you in the ability to afford such an island let alone take it from you bad idea I say

I'm not sure I totally agree with Booyah's idea.  But (and no offense here)...Why on earth would a game care about someone who isn't playing it that much?  Just theoretically.

How's your example different than being 9 months behind him in terms of XP/gold because you have less time to play than him?  And do you expect to be compensated by the game just as much as someone who invests 4x as much time as you in game?

For an OW MMO, a type of game that's only interesting when it's populated, don't you think people who can and do invest a LOT of time in game creating a lively world be incentivized?

Edited by Raatha
  • Like 1

I remember we were talking about ways the Dev's could make real money without making it pay to win.

How about if they sell small islands for real money - but all you get is when people sail by them a "port marker" (the 100 foot high white letters) pops up "Booyaah's Island" or "Raatha's Island" and the only thing it is good for is anyone can make it a teleport target.

The Booyaah and/or Raatha can MC some large Trafalgar like battles as everyone Teleports in .......

Just thinkin outside the box .......

I remember we were talking about ways the Dev's could make real money without making it pay to win.

How about if they sell small islands for real money - but all you get is when people sail by them a "port marker" (the 100 foot high white letters) pops up "Booyaah's Island" or "Raatha's Island" and the only thing it is good for is anyone can make it a teleport target.

The Booyaah and/or Raatha can MC some large Trafalgar like battles as everyone Teleports in .......

Just thinkin outside the box .......

Hmm, I don't know.  I think people would pay for teleport targets, but then again that could mess with the game world and economy.  If people bought teleports between 2 very good trading ports....

I do actually like the idea in theory, but I think teleporting would have consequences we wouldn't want.  Kind of the way clan's teleport across the map now to "surprise" the enemy with an entire fleet in an instant.

If the devs wanted to make money off of something like that then they should do player housing.  You can sail into a specific port of your choosing, and disembark to some sort of player housing.  People go apesh*t for player housing in other games.  Make the house and decorations a cash shop thing.  People would throw money at it.  (of course that would require an avatar at the least to be able to walk around your house and devs already mentioned they don't want that so...)

• Like 1

Taking care of new and casual players and keeping them interested is very important.

Yes, but casuals are the most fickle gamers in gaming.  And they don't play that often.  You need to incentivize actually playing your game for long periods of time or casuals get bored and find another game.

• Like 1