Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hugh Latham

Exploits

I don't know if there is another thread covering exploits, but I wanted to point out a few here.

1) With a low population, the fleets stationed by capitols are being farmed by SOLs. It may be the current boarding bugs, but a 1st rate can rapidly capture one after another of the ai 1st rates. These players are getting fabulously rich and can pvp without suffering the long grind that the rest of us do to recover losses.

2) Surgeon function can be used to boost crew magically as in the following example. I was in a Lynx and stole a Bellona from an enemy after he had boarded it. I had only 40 crew on my Lynx and so had 40 to sail the Bellona. I was told to use Surgeon to boost my crew, I suppose by mitosis, like bacteria. I have been told Surgeon can also boost crew above rank command numbers.

3) Currently extra hammocks boosts crew above rank command numbers. It should only be used to boost crew number above standard crew size, but within rank limits.

Edited by Hugo Leopard
  • Like 2

the surgeon bug only works one  ships freshly captured from ai. doesnt work if you start out in the ship. I tried to raise 450 crew in santi with surgeon but didnt go up.

the surgeon bug only works one  ships freshly captured from ai. doesnt work if you start out in the ship. I tried to raise 450 crew in santi with surgeon but didnt go up.

Good to hear.

• Like 1

name and shame, even if is an alpha abusing such mechanics should be worth some punishment at list a reverse in xp/rank/gold

Actually, I rather think exploiters are doing their job in alpha. If they don't find and use exploits they will perpetuate. The way to deal with the buildup in imbalance is to do an occasional clean wipe ;)

Who cares, it's alpha, everything is going to be getting wiped anyways.  It's not really so much of an exploit as it is bug finding.  Admin already said 'enjoy it while it lasts', so you can either choose to do it or you can grind other ways.  I personally don't have any moral issues with it being done in alpha stage.  Name and shame? c'mon ppl...

Once the game goes live, that is a different story and I would expect gains made from bugs like this to be rolled back by the devs.

I expect this will just get merged into the boarding feedback thread.

Edited by Booyaah

Who cares, it's alpha, everything is going to be getting wiped anyways.  It's not really so much of an exploit as it is bug finding.  Admin already said 'enjoy it while it lasts', so you can either choose to do it or you can grind other ways.  I personally don't have any moral issues with it being done in alpha stage.  Name and shame? c'mon ppl...

Once the game goes live, that is a different story and I would expect gains made from bugs like this to be rolled back by the devs.

I expect this will just get merged into the boarding feedback thread.

Is not about what they gain is about the fact they can go around ruin experience of other testers, using this "advantage"    usually in an alpha when you find an exploit you report it and not do it anymore, if you keep doing it and spend time is for  have an use  of such advantage and 99% is not for fight npc..   

--Unnecessary Forum PvP Removed - H. Darby --

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
No need to call out particular nations or players to make your point.
  • Like 1

Seems like it should be treated like farming off of large ships by small to level was in the first phase a ban offence or at the least a gold wipe and demotion for exploiting a found bug be it reported or not.

Flying up using the home key and tagging players from behind small islands should be added too as you can hide behind a point of land fly up and to the other side of the land and if close enough tag the player for battle or fly large distances and "scout " enemy bases without leaving your port.

Flying any farther than a few feet from your ship needs to be turfed

First 2 Yes..Definately being actively abused by some

3rd...not really an exploit in my opinion more a reason to really love extra hammocks modules

hammocks are intended to provide more crew for boarding from a ship with standard crew size less than the rank command number.

Finding exploits and being caught and NOT reporting them should get them kicked out of the game.  These people are just here to find hidden exploits to ruin the game at launch.  They are not the people needed to properly test the game. 

Extra hammocks are fine.. If you want to add 5% more crew instead of 5% more reload or 5% more armor that should be our option.

Just be ware of those eager to board you. They probably spent their extra ship space on karate dojos and swordsmithies!

The logic of extra crew above command limit in a ship with a crew size larger than command limit is pretty weak. So...a Post Captain wants to command a Bellona and has only 350 under his command. The stock Bellona has space (including hammocks) for 650. That is 300 empty hammocks. I add extra hammocks and now have more than 300 empty hammocks. How does that equate to more crew?

Honestly man, take yourself way too seriously. Lol

"Having extra hammocks in a large ship makes no sense! Id rather have all_guns_deck_reload_-7%"

Lol

Place

Holder

Data

PHD

I don't actually know which upgrade is more valuable, more crew to make all ship functions faster (when under crewed due to lower rank) or a single function upgrade.

Edited by Hugo Leopard