Game-Labs Forum

[WIP] San Fernando 62 guns 4th rate 3D model (completed 10/09/2015)

This is good work.

I find that the rudder is very forward. Must be checked on documents of the time, but for me, it's must back the rudder. And put before the partition, see even under the quarter deck.

But perhaps that is a specificity of this vessel.

Nothing to comment about the modeling procedure, but a few things about the stern shape of the ship.

The whole stern section is raised one deck. I mean the galleries vertical location must be at the decks and not half way between them.

Lower windows line of the transom. Located at the second battery level.

Upper, Located at the third battery level.

The same at both sides of the ship.

That way, the too high general shape of the stern, and the transom shape (must look a lot more rounded), will be corrected.

Please dont take my comments as a "destructive" criticism, your work is quite nice, but as a search for historical accuracy.

Kind regards

The transom is correct to plans, these older spanish ships really did have very high sterns.

I think that the problem is the quarter gallerys, the horizontal lines meet the transom at the right point but should slope down more, matching the internal decks instead of being fully horizontal (more sloped than on the PotBS model), also the profile should be rounded and not flat, with the supporting carved woodwork (embarrassing, I don't know the name :P) properly integrated into the design.

Overall fantastic looking model, just a few details off. 

the is a spanish 60ish gunner with an Large hold that was privatly build and used we got its plans here but i rather see something european maybe the chapman Wasa or later improved Adolf Gustav Class 60gunners.

edit: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3461-private-spanish-ship-of-the-line-nuestra-se%C3%B1ora-de-la-asunci%C3%B3n-aka-hms-prince-william/

Edited by Mirones

yes the stern is funny indeed, I followed the blueprints thats what they want the most, for the quartergallery I had no top view so it was a guess how it exactly looked. I'll see what they say about it before making changes myself, thnx for the feedback though, it really helps out for future ships aswell

Dear friends. cannot be right if decks are cutting the windows in halves.

That kind of stern belongs to the XVI century. If as somebody said above, it was designed by Jorge Juan, I can promise the stern was not that way.

In fact, high and narrow sterns were abandoned at Spain before Gaztañeta times.

Freddy. Thanks for your kind answer. My intention is only helping ......

Dont hersitate asking anything you could need.

Regards

Edited by IonAguirre

• 3 months later...

Very nice Galleon !!!  When do they made ?  1725 ¿?.....Perfect for the game... If the game wants to be historical background Naval Action will need some of this ships sailling in the Caribbean. There are many modern ships in Naval Action. Most of then built after 1750.

Isn´t the game running from 1690 to 1800  ?  Golden Age of sailing .....

Well done. !!

Gracias.

Edited by Marques

• 2 weeks later...