Game-Labs Forum

Warning - friendly kills for all nations are not allowed.

Those are Tribunal cases. Report them with enough evidence in the Tribunal.

Ships in danger of being captured were not fired upon back then, so it would be unrealistic to allow it here.

Mers El Kebir was a war crime of the worst sort and those ships weren't in immediate danger of being "captured". It was also not a consensual attack, in your scenario you would definitely have consent from your friendly player to sink his ship to prevent a capture.

And yet you have a tool for this: Ram him hard. He turns off survival and sinks. As much as I object to all aspects of this, it's an option you have that will not really punish you through game mechanics.

I have been attacked and tried this method in an empty trader...   I finally was boarded 3/4 full of water and my survival automatically switched on and drained the water out.  I could not shut it off.. I've heard of this happening to others...   ANYONE know if there is a way around this?  (besides don't get boarded)

• 2 months later...

Isn't it against the rules for pirates to attack friendly pirates?

So if pirate A is attacked by person B, and Pirate B joins and ends up on person B's side, but is in the same society as the first pirate..... it would be illegal for him to attack either player?

I am positive there was an amendment about a month ago where pirates can fight pirates green on green if they are actively working against you.

Admin maynot have updated this link but im surethere was a multi paragraph post by admin in one of the tribunal threads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So....green on green friendly fire into a fire ship to ignite a fire is acceptable as it is supported by the party being hit?

Correct.  I'd get a screenshot of the person agreeing to it in chat to be safe.  This will not let you escape from negative XP rewards for doing damage to a friendly though.