Game-Labs Forum

Warning - friendly kills for all nations are not allowed.

So let me get this right.

If Initiate a fight with an NPC ship from another nation and drag in a player from my nation and I ignore the enemy ship and stick broadside after broadside into the player from my nation. I do not get classed as a pirate by the game but I get sent to the tribunal. Is that correct?

I am sent to the tribunal for what charge? Not playing fare? Piracy? Murder? What is my sentence?

What if my whole purpose of initiating a battle with an enemy NPC was to drag the other player into battle so I could put broadside after broadside into his trader ship and sink him. What if that player was a competitor in business, coming down to steal resources and sell at exaggerated prices at the capital. Business is all about not playing fare and I just see it as removing the competition. My uncles in Sicilia have been doing exactly that all their lives, why break family traditions? 

Also, if I initiate a fight with a foreign NPC and drag in a NPC ship of my own Nation and I stick broadside after broadside into my country's NPC. I get negative XP so I can fight, earn and have the ability of always remaining at 2nd Lieutenant rank, always have access to replaceable fleet ships, and like my uncles say the more hands to scrub the easier it is to rid your landscape of the stains that bother your business.

Ciao ciao amici

Beware where you do business, unless it is with me of course :)

So let me get this right.

If Initiate a fight with an NPC ship from another nation and drag in a player from my nation and I ignore the enemy ship and stick broadside after broadside into the player from my nation. I do not get classed as a pirate by the game but I get sent to the tribunal. Is that correct?

I don't know which nation you're in but if you are already a pirate you should be able to engage other pirate players. Dragging a player into a battle to kill that player is green on green damage which is not allowed even for pirates I think but I don't know if they get dragged in as well. If you are playing a nation instead of pirate then you should turn pirate after doing those actions.

Greetings 

I have been reseted for 1 friendly kill, while rules tell us 

The pirate who will get 3 kills will get his XP reset

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2346-forum-and-sea-trials-rules/?p=124264

After that we have some new rules

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11095-%D1%83%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%BC-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%8B%D1%85/

+ i have a screenshots wiht chating with GM... where he told me that he can reset me for 1 kill

so where is the rules i braked? 

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

my name here in the forum is Jacob Kettler and I am the head of the "Kurland Squadron" as a special part of the HRE (Sweden). Our main vessel is the "Renommee" and we think we are well trained on this ship.

We (Mikkel and me - Herzog Jacob von Kettler) were last night before Macanaos of a Surprise (nivek van ttenneb) attack, which still was reinforced by a Mercury (Hildegaarde Uoswiir Von Plauen) - PVP1. After shoot away a mast by us at the Surprise suddenly the Mercury was constantly attacking the Dutch player in his Surprise.

Sorry for the Dutch opponents in his Surprise - without the treacherous support of your colleagues, we would like your ship hijacked. The more we ask the admins about to impose appropriate penalties in such cases.

Jakob Kettler

post-14137-0-71701800-1458556248_thumb.jpg

post-14137-0-01754000-1458556280_thumb.jpg

post-14137-0-42100200-1458556306_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jakob.Kettler
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something we've been seeing more of lately is when one enemy rams another enemy in order to sink their ship, in order to prevent it from being captured (i.e. it is better for your Victory to get sunk than to allow it to be captured by the enemy, even if getting sunk means getting rammed by a friendly).

Technically this is green-on-green damage but I don't imagine it ever gets reported because it's desired (even requested I think) by the player getting sunk.  I suppose there is still risk for the captain doing the ramming, if the ramming damage is enough to give him kill credit then he might get an automatic XP reset, which puts the other side in the odd situation of wanting to do high enough damage to mast / sails / crew in order to be able to board, but still low enough that if the ship gets rammed the green player will get kill credit (and corresponding XP reset).

Can players on the opposing side report someone for green-on-green damage or must the report come from the player who received the damage?

If this is an intended mechanic then perhaps make it so that if Survival is turned off then the sinking is always considered a "scuttle" no matter which side got the "kill".

Hello everyone. I'm more than a little bit disgruntled this evening. I was part of the Port blockade at Santa Cruz / Manzanilla and was shadowing some French cutters who's Captains were enticing the group into action.

This was happening by a fleet of more than 8 RGL 3rd rates and when the combat started the RGL group then blew me out of the water.

Lowering my sails i just let them get on with it and 'it' ended with my Trinc exploding. Great effects by the way.

I then watched this gang of Teutonic Tits attempting to destroy a few French cutters. What a laugh! The noble French Captains ran circles around this RGL group scoring hits and  popping away while the Germans missed every one.

Why are these crazies allowed to fly the British flag?

Hello everyone. I'm more than a little bit disgruntled this evening. I was part of the Port blockade at Santa Cruz / Manzanilla and was shadowing some French cutters who's Captains were enticing the group into action.

This was happening by a fleet of more than 8 RGL 3rd rates and when the combat started the RGL group then blew me out of the water.

Lowering my sails i just let them get on with it and 'it' ended with my Trinc exploding. Great effects by the way.

I then watched this gang of Teutonic Tits attempting to destroy a few French cutters. What a laugh! The noble French Captains ran circles around this RGL group scoring hits and  popping away while the Germans missed every one.

Why are these crazies allowed to fly the British flag?

The french cutters you tagged, and have been reported to the tribunal for.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12843-alt-abuse-seaman-staynes/

You're a bellend and you're ruining the game for people who want to play fair and square.

• Like 3

Green on Green isn't allowed, but surely you know exactly what you are doing and you know exactly why people are ticked at you.  Also, you are using a name that is very close to a long time British player's name.  Surely you are trolling and trying to cause problems?  

• Like 2

Are you saying that i targeted my team mates.?  As for my name Seaman Staynes. When i first logged on it was as Seaman Staines who you may remember from Captain Pugwash.  I then changed my name to Seaman STAYNES. Please don't tell me that 'i knew what i was doing '. Just explain to me what i was doing wrong and it won't happen again.

To the RGL Clan. I now understand that my well meaning actions at Manzanilla did not help your efforts and the British Fleet.

I am very sorry for this and it will not happen again. My intention is to join a Clan and gain instruction but will join a Clan that can shoot straight.  X

Dear Saint Gordon.  The rules of the game state that Friendly ships are not to be targeted.  

Can you explain the reasons for the RGL  destroying our ship at Manzanilla

As i understand it the proper course of action on seeing any infringement regarding Game play would be to record evidence which could then be examined by the appropriate people.

I look forward to reading RGL's explanation for this nasty act.   Again. We are very sorry for causing problems for your group. 

Best regards to you and the RGL. from Post Captain S Staynes and crew.

This may be important. (Just before the incident with the RGL Group at Manzanilla.) We didn't target (TAG?) anybody but were in fact targeted. 

Fortunately, the left side is the attacking one in the tab screen, and the top player is the one that initiated the tag. Never mind that a single cutter can't initiate the battles that are shown in the Tribunal due to BR failure. So this post is quite clearly a lie.

The reason RGL just flat out sunk your trinc is because you're a crossteamer from EDR or ER, protecting their ships from enemies through tactics that can only be described as cheating by any honest player, and this was seen as the only way to protect themselves against further crossteaming / cheating from you.

please just ban this account and whatever French or other account can be connected to it. Crossteaming should have no place in this game, and it's clear these players are attempting to win the game by buying more accounts to use with misintent.

as for RGL, as they flat out sunk your ship with round shot, the automatic system has already punished them accordingly.

Edited by Quineloe

Thank you for for this post. RGL sank our ship on purpose and this quite clearly contravenes the directive regarding friendly kills.  

As regards your statement that we are part of a subversive element.

This will be examined Admin and be discounted. 

Thank you so much again for a valuable contribution. X

Seems to me that Green on Green can be quite justified though.  How do you suggest dealing with someone from your nation that jumps into one of your battles where you were busily trying to capture a trader with a small ship and they but in with their bigger ship to steal the trader from you?  Happened to me twice earlier this week, with the same guy.  I would be rather predisposed to raking him and sinking him while he is in boarding sequence should he (or another one else from his clan) try this again...  Also, i know that jumping into a enemy's trader capture action and stealing their targets from under their noses has also been a thing.