Game-Labs Forum

More interesting way to rise in game necessary?

That every nation has its ships, I am for (I admit that I strongly wanted). France ex. Surprise, Renommee, Belle Poule etc ... Same for the other nations. After, we must strike the right balance (history) ... accept the challenge and do not pick a nation because it would have the best ship! I'm sure the developers as we will find the solution.

Regards to all JGdV

I'm all for giving nation specific ships. It makes it so nations have larger differences, not just different names. Advantages and disadvantages to each nation. However, as Maturin mentioned, this could prove problematic as some nations would be lacking important types of ships. One nation can have really OP ships and other nations won't have the necessary ships to counter it.

I think as more ships are added, this problem would shrink more and more. But locking ships out of countries right now isn't something I would do now or in the near future, I would wait until the game is more polished and we have a lot more ships. 

Are tied Lineships to pvp honor kills is your way to limit numbers of them in game? Not sure about whole idea of limiting anything from my experience - more limits means less fun and maybe factor to stop play for some guys.

Anything that makes players PVP is a good thing. I like the sound of PVP honorkills to get access to certain content. Limiting in a good way.

I am sure you can sail our ship selection like Renommee, Mercury and Constitution in ...

what was that game's name? I always keep forgetting :)

we want some vessels to be locked to a nation and Some extremely rare.

Unique vessels will be available:

From national admiralty stores

From developers for the contribution to the game or to community (together with court ranks and plantations)

From capture or from rogue traders

Certain resources will be required to build those ships, and you can deny Superfrigates to USA if you capture live oak sources in port battles.

I'm liking the idea of connection between restriction of ships and economy! Keep'em coming but make sure to execute that idea into an actual feature.

Achievements is the easiest way. Before you can unlock a ship you must complete the achievement and unlock it. ex. kill 50 npcs, earn 5000xp on current ship and dock at (NAME) Port for discovery purposes.   

People love achievements :D  

I like the idea of interesting and different ships for each nation.  Most of the nations should have SOL options.  Even the USA with its relatively small fleet size for the time, had SOL's during this time period such as the Independence Class and Delaware Class, both classes have ships from 1820's and earlier I believe.

The issue I see is simple:

ships. tons and tons of ships.

We already have very destinctive national ships.

Renommee, Belle Poule(?), Trincomalee, Constitution, Victory, Santisima Trinidad.

Right now those are pretty well fitted into our "tech tree".

Now remove one of those vessels for the other nations. How is it supposed to work for them?

Wil there be a vanilla ship they share? Like a Indefatigable in her razee configuration? She is already a brit design.

->You see my problem?

Every nation would need their own ship for the special job.

Where can you draw the line between a special vessel and the generic shiptype?

Ships which will work are the upcoming Niagara and the Mercury Brig. They are basically idetical with different hull lengths which result in slight differences.

And the fact that we dont have russia means we can say: free for all :P