Game-Labs Forum

More interesting way to rise in game necessary?

I love the game and it's not easy to start,  but....... 

I start a new account for fun.  I love to rise my character, earn new ships and so on. 

I played a while with lynx,  buy cutter,  buy mercury, buy bellepoule, buy constitution and will be commodore shortly. But i have the feeling its to easy (sorry new players). Must only play 5 ships.

Anybody has an idea to make it more varied and include more or all ships? I dont want a research tree like other games,  but i see a problem that nobody need to play a brig or renomee. 

• Like 1

I love the game and it's not easy to start, but.......

I start a new account for fun. I love to rise my character, earn new ships and so on.

I played a while with lynx, buy cutter, buy mercury, buy bellepoule, buy constitution and will be commodore shortly. But i have the feeling its to easy (sorry new players). Must only play 5 ships.

Anybody has an idea to make it more varied and include more or all ships? I dont want a research tree like other games, but i see a problem that nobody need to play a brig or renomee.

Why you are forcing yourself into those vessels? Renommee is a great ship.

Those ships from Mercury you mentioned are not going to be easily accessible in the full game.

Average player progression will look more like cutter, brig, snow, Cerberus, frigate, bigger frigate, that's it.

Constitution will be a US only ship. To sail it as a Frenchman you will have to capture it or find a rogue US captain to sell this ship in your port. Some vessels will be PVP rewards only. Lineships will definitely be tied to pvp honor kills only.

• Like 8

Thats an idea! i see only problems for now. Why buy a "bad" brig, if i can buy a much stronger Mercury.

Mercury is available for testing. It does not mean it will be available so freely.

if there is no Mercury available you will buy a Brig. Do you see a lot of privateers or trincomalees for example?

i see you have an idea for a better and interesting progress in game. I thought, "hello.... why should i play a ship same class, if it is much weaker".

But if not all ships avaible, especialy the better one´s in classes, we will have much more fun to earn them.

Those ships from Mercury you mentioned are not going to be easily accessible in the full game.

Average player progression will look more like cutter, brig, snow, Cerberus, frigate, bigger frigate, that's it.

Constitution will be a US only ship. To sail it as a Frenchman you will have to capture it or find a rogue US captain to sell this ship in your port. Some vessels will be PVP rewards only. Lineships will definitely be tied to pvp honor kills only.

How about other named ships? Will Victory, Trincomalee, Santisima etc. all be available only for their respective nations with 'generic' ships available for everyone? Or is it Consitution thing only in which case I would like to know a reasoning behind it?

If it is the former then this really requires A LOT more ships in the game, so each nation (or at least the major ones) can have some 'counter', otherwise it opens the door for one nation seal clubbing the others (one with the most OP ship). If it is the latter, then what is the reason? Consitution is hands down the best frigate in the game now, none other even compares and limiting it to one nation can have huge consequence for the game balance.

• Like 2

Constitution will be a US only ship

So this is the official way its going to be?

Same for British, french, danish etc designed ships?

I mean.. After all every nation capped each other's ships or spied their shipplans and redbuilt the ships accordingly..

Well . That something new to me - ships belong to nations could be tricky and drive to more unbalance until you guys make similar class ships for ALL nations. For example there will be only 3 nations with first rate ships (Britain, France and Spain) because rest simple dont have any. Are ships will be not allow to sell on auction houses around all map? Are tied Lineships to pvp honor kills is your way to limit numbers of them in game? Not sure about whole idea of limiting anything from my experience - more limits means less fun and maybe factor to stop play for some guys.

Well . That something new to me - ships belong to nations could be tricky and drive to more unbalance until you guys make similar class ships for ALL nations. For example there will be only 3 nations with first rate ships (Britain, France and Spain) because rest simple dont have any. Are ships will be not allow to sell on auction houses around all map? Are tied Lineships to pvp honor kills is your way to limit numbers of them in game? Not sure about whole idea of limiting anything from my experience - more limits means less fun and maybe factor to stop play for some guys.

Spain only had 13 first rate ships between 1687 and 1853.....and the Santi of course; so the devs can make this ships a por of expensives to resolver your question

So, there is some Constitution equivalent for other nations? Perhaps it's very difficult ship to obtain, or the US doesn't get SoL?

IMO the Constitution should not be a common ship (after all, only 3 built compared to hundreds of normal 12 pdr and 18 pdr frigates), but how to restrict it's use in a fair manner...

Would be good to see some differences between nations, perhaps each nation could have it's own shipset (don't have to all be unique ships, for example nation one might have Cerberus/Frigate/Trincomalee/Bellona/Victory, and nation two has Renommee/Belle Poule/Trincomalee/Bellona/Bucentaure)

I think you miss the point of past posts. I don't believe the devs are planning to have ALL ships connected to their nation of origin. Only certain ships like the Connie which has great historical significance to the US. I imagine ships like the Victory and the Santi will be the kinds of ships you will see locked within a certain nation. Thats been my understanding of the direction they are taking. If they choose to make all ships nation specific then like others said, there will be a need for a great number of ships added to the game.

Either way it will only be a matter of time before ships are captured and seen in all nations. The rogue Captains selling a Connie in a French port will happen for sure because you know that will be very profitable.

I think you miss the point of past posts. I don't believe the devs are planning to have ALL ships connected to their nation of origin. Only certain ships like the Connie which has great historical significance to the US. I imagine ships like the Victory and the Santi will be the kinds of ships you will see locked within a certain nation. Thats been my understanding of the direction they are taking. If they choose to make all ships nation specific then like others said, there will be a need for a great number of ships added to the game.

Either way it will only be a matter of time before ships are captured and seen in all nations. The rogue Captains selling a Connie in a French port will happen for sure because you know that will be very profitable.

Well, depends how many ships we can get?

IE if we've got two ships that fill the same role (British Leda class frigate and French Hebe class), the British get the Leda, French get the Hebe, and everyone else gets assigned one of those ships. And if we've got another two 18 pdr frigates (Cherubim and Essex) then the Russians get the Cherubim, Americans get the Essex, British the Leda, French Hebe, and other nations get one of the 4. Or everyone gets two of the 4. Gives each nation a distinct feel, plus the opportunity to tailor a nations ship set around it's historical role.

IE the US might be a nation of fine frigates and privateers, the British and French traditional deep water navies, the Spanish similar but with access to polacres and xebecs for the mediterranean. Then the Russians and the Swedes have a mixture of deep sea warships and oared galleys, the Barbary corsairs have only oared vessels but get some special versions, etc.

Well, depends how many ships we can get?

IE if we've got two ships that fill the same role (British Leda class frigate and French Hebe class), the British get the Leda, French get the Hebe, and everyone else gets assigned one of those ships. And if we've got another two 18 pdr frigates (Cherubim and Essex) then the Russians get the Cherubim, Americans get the Essex, British the Leda, French Hebe, and other nations get one of the 4. Or everyone gets two of the 4. Gives each nation a distinct feel, plus the opportunity to tailor a nations ship set around it's historical role.

IE the US might be a nation of fine frigates and privateers, the British and French traditional deep water navies, the Spanish similar but with access to polacres and xebecs for the mediterranean. Then the Russians and the Swedes have a mixture of deep sea warships and oared galleys, the Barbary corsairs have only oared vessels but get some special versions, etc.

Well according to that we will be sailing Galleons ;)  dam it:) :ph34r:

Not sure about whole idea of limiting anything from my experience - more limits means less fun and maybe factor to stop play for some guys.

I am sure you can sail our ship selection like Renommee, Mercury and Constitution in ...

what was that game's name? I always keep forgetting :)

we want some vessels to be locked to a nation and Some extremely rare.

Unique vessels will be available:

From national admiralty stores

From developers for the contribution to the game or to community (together with court ranks and plantations)

From capture or from rogue traders

Certain resources will be required to build those ships, and you can deny Superfrigates to USA if you capture live oak sources in port battles.

• Like 2

Constitution will be a US only ship. To sail it as a Frenchman you will have to capture it or find a rogue US captain to sell this ship in your port.

Wait, seriously?

Then there need to be other 24-pounder frigates added to the game. The French that you mention were deserve most of the credit for this armament, as they had multiple 24-pdr frigates actually in action before Constitution and her sister ships ever went to war. Not to mention the 36-pounder Indien/South Carolina.

Of course, these vessels (Britain's Endymion included) all had shorter gundecks than Constitution, with 1-2 fewer guns in the main battery. But to omit them and restrict 24-pounder frigates to the Americans would be to foolishly incentivize a faction that is already bound to be drastically more powerful than it was historically.