Game-Labs Forum

More detailled damages on ships status

Hello,

A question for admins :

Do you plan to add more informations during  battles about ennemy's ships to know exactly its status?

Right now we can know if  broadsights are damaged (left / right / front / back), the sails and the crew, but nothing more.

Won't you add the same for the rudder, masts, pumps ect...its could be easily done and should allow more kind of tactics, like do i continue aiming for the masts or the rudder because i know they're alreadly badly damaged, and i get get a significant advantage.

It could also change gameplay of players during battles, because now i am sometimes aiming ennemy's rudder or masts and prey to have a lucky shot, but most of the time i focus only  the hull, i don't want to take any risk,  such a waste.

If i knew how much my canons were efficient on the other ship, i ll act a different way i suppose, giving more options for figh.

It won't be unrealistic if you consider that a captain with his longsight can get that type of informations during a real combat.

I made a  plan very quickly and basic just to show how it could look, as an exemple :

Status of ship :

Green = ok

yellow : damaged

Red : badly damaged

Black : destroyed

Last question :

It is normal that i can't demast ennemy ships with the chains? Its only damages sails, but i never succeded to destroy one mast, only when i use balls or double charge.

Nicolas Anthon

post-13385-0-99262000-1437842718_thumb.jpg

I like the idea if it were for your own ship. Knowing exactly how damaged the enemy is would take away every part of the thrill of battle.

Not knowing whether to shoot masts, sails, or the hull to complete you objective against the enemy ship is the best part of battle.

I would live to see those masts damage dot indicators added to your ship hud but not the enemy.

Also chain shot will not destroy masts. They were only meant to damage sails and rigging back in the day.