Game-Labs Forum

UI explained

maybe something like the hangar in warthunder/wot or the showcase in Il-2 series or silenthunter where you can turn the camera around the ship maybe anchored in the bay of an habour like port royal or similar to the promo art. and since you cant fly with the camera into the Port you only need to do the sides of the houses and stuff that you can see kinda like an 2D skybox.

another lobby sugestion:

Mo5cphW.jpg

kinda like this

pirates_00018553-hobart-town.jpg

Edited by Mirones
  • Like 3

what i recommend is check out other games and see in what perspective they created there ui ( i don't mean copying ) i mean look at the aspects they calculated the ui in

if i have time this weekend ill make a checklist and see if i can photoshop some stuff that'll maybe trigger you and the other people for some ideas

HOME button detach the camera from the ship

and brings it back

you can move the detached camera with WASD and increase speed of movement with mouse wheel

Could you please add an option to remap this function to another key? Dell was so clever to omit the Home key from my laptop keyboard. I have to press two keys simultaneously to get the Home key. 

I've looked at the Input tab on the NA configuration window. It's not there in the current version.

• 3 months later...

i think we should slowly start on making short video tutorials befor the Pre Orders swarms the forums mods and forum vets will have all ahnds full answering the same questions again and again.

one about Gunnery and basic Controlls and Manouvers with the Surpise Tacking etc.

and one more abount Linefighting with the Bellona+Surpise.

both together not longer than  10min maybe 15min.

and since we have some french guys we might able to translate it in multiple Languages.

i'll get in touch with that Spanish guy from Madrid that joined us recently to make a Spanish version and get some more people to know us down there in Portugal and Spain.

if Admin agrees to this

• Like 2

I would prefer a hangar with 3D model of the ship in great detail that was cut away and showed options added etc.

Be nice if it looked like a model ship

Mucking around with my ship in the editor and seeing it in the main menu will help me remember which ship I picked, what it has and I will link more to it in game.

hms_bark_endeavour_cutaway_wooden_tall_s

• Like 1

I would prefer a hangar with 3D model of the ship in great detail that was cut away and showed options added etc.

Be nice if it looked like a model ship

Mucking around with my ship in the editor and seeing it in the main menu will help me remember which ship I picked, what it has and I will link more to it in game.

hms_bark_endeavour_cutaway_wooden_tall_s

well not really cut away modells but something to the silenthunter/destroyer comand museum.

youknow the insides are not modelled. but i like the idea maybe some sort of drydock? with the Banners of the nation the ship served hanging around

• 3 weeks later...

Something for new players would be nice. I had a very quick first go last night. Just trying to figure out what to do on the main menu was perplexing enough. Have a vague idea of what to do in game now. Figured out how to shoot after a few minutes and then promptly got sunk whilst trying to figure out the rest.

Is everything that is currently in there implemented at the moment? For example, will switching to chain shot actually damage the rigging and slow them down?

Also back to the HUD, there doesn't seem to be much feedback in the way of letting you know what is selected and what is currently happening on your ship, like how long repairs would take, unless that's tucked away somewhere.

Anyway for a, what is it pre-alpha, it's surprisingly playable and good looking. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Figured out how to shoot after a few minutes and then promptly got sunk whilst trying to figure out the rest.

Is everything that is currently in there implemented at the moment? For example, will switching to chain shot actually damage the rigging and slow them down?

Also back to the HUD, there doesn't seem to be much feedback in the way of letting you know what is selected and what is currently happening on your ship, like how long repairs would take, unless that's tucked away somewhere.

Anyway for a, what is it pre-alpha, it's surprisingly playable and good looking. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

What you see is implemented.  ie Chain will shred the sail, if you hit it

I saw that Destrex posted a page on the keyboard earlier today and I put together a short video earlier this week and posted it as well. So, the information is here if not readily at your fingertips just now.

The guide will come but I think that would be a much lower priority and for the actual roll out of the game since the basic info is on the forums

I learned the hard way to keep an eye on the water level even if you have no leaks. Was in Surprise and in a full speed side by side slug fest with an AI Surprise and I was giving him the what for, I had some damage in the front but no leaks, cruising, shooting, fully concentrated on the gunnery...bam I go under...WTF... oh, water...level...

Question on repair buttons,  hit #5 then one of the numbers to repair that item or just hit one of the number buttons you need?  What is #8 Survival do? Thanks Toggman

1 to 5 you select the category, then select the sub option

6 to 8 you choose one of the three crew focus