Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

[WIP] Mistery Ship

Something to keep me occupied until we get an official statement regarding user created content:

tUIiWT4.jpg?1

And to keep you occupied as well, we´ll play a little 'guess the ship´s name` :)

As there´s not much to see at the moment, a small hint: she carried 12-pounders during her rather long carreer.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 2

Uh, which one? :P

But no, neither of the amercian Bostons had a beakhead bulkhead (the only US Navy ship with a bb was Confederacy, if I remember correctly).

The Boston of 1747 had one, but she never carried 12-pounders on her gundeck.

Anyway, nice guess :)

Edited by Malachi

Hmmn, does the beakhead bulkhead mean she's French-built?

Are the French the only ones to do this type of construction? It seems not.

And the bb on french frigates (usually) was more of a small 'step' compared to what could be found on english and dutch vessels.

Sorry, maturin, not a french design. The 24 12-pounder Gracieuse of 1750 would have been tempting, though.

My guess would be British, 1750s frigate...

However as I am not as knowledgable in the ship design I will attempt to do 3 guesses and then cease:

1. Richmond

2. Seahorse

3. Unicorn

I am probably very wrong :-D

Uh, it´s getting closer...wrong gun count for the Richmond, though. And the Unicorn was a french design (well, kind of), so I would have lied in my reply to maturin :P

Edited by Malachi

Hmm there was a plan of a Swedish frigate/corvette from about 1760 someone posted awhile back. It was large for being mostly flush decked...armed with 12pdrs... having a short quarterdeck like this...could've had a beakhead bulkhead....I think it wasn't designed by chapman but was of his era...is that warm at all?

• Like 2

goddamit CA, that´s hot indeed. Swedish is correct, the year is correct and although Chapman isn´t mentioned as the designer of this ship class (Sohlberg is), I´m 99% sure it´s one of his. But I didn´t use the plans posted in the shipyard, I had a copy from the swedish naval museum :)

• Like 2

Haha excellent choice! That ship is a rare beauty, one can already see her lines are quite sleek and she seems well-balanced. I'm sure you'll do it justice as always :)

Edited by Captain Armstrong