Game-Labs Forum

Compatibility warning

admin

Mt laptop is a HP DV6 3006TX with  Intel Core i5-430M CPU with  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card 4GB of RAM. A 500GB hard drive  and play  DirectX 11.

Tried but wont start in steam

so expect I give up on using laptop.

What OS is installed on the laptop? In case it is 32-bit one, run "Play Naval Action Beta (x86)" from Steam Launcher

I play this on a laptop with a HD5500 cheapo Intel onboard gfx and I play on low setting, yet it is still an amazing game. Perhaps not visually during play, but I have set it at Max and can tell it will be amazing once i build a rig capable of it. Do not fret having to play this game with low gfx settings for it is still very much worth it!

Game exe crashes immediately on launch. i have deleted local content and will look to uninstall and then reinstall and see how it goes. with my PC failing to connect to play (see other thread) I have to try something or just give up as Naval Action the only game affected by this. 

Captain, according to the reports laptop used integrated Intel Graphics instead of discrete GPU (which you've mentioned is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650) to start the game, which does not support DX 11 features, that is the reason of the error on start. Make sure to force Radeon HD 5650 usage.

There were some issues with Win10 to certain Captains but all of them can be easily fixed by setting Compatibility Mode with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action)

• 1 month later...

HI all,

I have a quick question,

I have the following system:

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

16GB ram

64 bit win 10

I think this is all ok, my big problem is the graphics card. I only have a Geforce GT 545. 

This is the motherboard for the computer http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02854392But I am not sure what level of graphics card I can take?

Can anyone help? it says I have these slots:

• One PCI Express x16
  • Three PCI Express x1
  • One PCI Express mini card x1
but I was looking at this card:

a Geforce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5, it says it is a gen 3, but backwards compatible...would this work and be up to the task?

Sorry if it seems a bit dumb, but I have not been up on the computer upgrade scene since windows Vista!!!!

HI all,

I have a quick question,

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

16GB ram

64 bit win 10

I think this is all ok, my big problem is the graphics card. I only have a Geforce GT 545. 

This is the motherboard for the computer http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02854392But I am not sure what level of graphics card I can take?

• One PCI Express x16
  • Three PCI Express x1

a Geforce GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5, it says it is a gen 3, but backwards compatible...would this work and be up to the task?

Sorry if it seems a bit dumb, but I have not been up on the computer upgrade scene since windows Vista!!!!

so long as your puters graphic card supports dx11 your fine

HI all,

I have a quick question,

Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz

16GB ram

64 bit win 10

• One PCI Express x16
  • Three PCI Express x1

Yes, a gtx 750ti would be able to fit in the x16 slot and work and it would be able to play Naval Action however i would keep your expectations low in terms of performance since it is a low end card and NA is rather heavy.

Hello Captains,

I have a question regarding multimonitor setups.

I am playing in 5760x1080 on Triple 27". I had 2 Radeon R290X Tri-X in Crossfire until today but NA would only use one of them reducing me to about 25FPS in 5760x1080.

So I bought a GTX 1080 today to get it working fine. FPS are fine now but now I have the problem that I can´t get the game working properly in windowed mode. As long as I play in fullscreen it works like a charm, but when I switch to windowed mode it never fits the three screens, it either "moves" into the 4th screen, leaving half of the outer right screen unused, or when I manually put the client at the 3 mainscreens which are connected via Nvidia surround to be used as one screen in 5760x1080 it cuts off about 1 cm on the bottom. This only happens in NA.

Anyone has an idea how to fix that?

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz 35 °C

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CM6330_CM6630_CM6730_CM6830 (LGA1155) 37 °C

Graphics

NS-20EM50A13 (1600x900@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (PNY) 37 °C

HI, i RUN ON THE ABOVE, sry caps, run on medium settings and have turned both client exe files to windows 7. this is my issue:

Game ran fine until the last few days after your small updates, now my ship freezes every 20 sec or so, for a sec or less. Annoying. My fps runs between 15-20. ping under 50. Something changed. help plz, I love this game. It would happen occasionally  before that, but rarely. 

• 6 months later...

Ok guys the time has come to buy the game since i recently decided to stop playing another naval game. 

So the question is will it run on my rig

GPU wise i have no fear since i run a rx480 BUT the issue might be my cpu which is a Dual Core E6750@2.66 

So the question is is the cpu enough or will i have issue since my cpu is not capable of   SSE 4.1/4.2 support?

Thank You