Game-Labs Forum

Compatibility warning

admin

The game is currently DX11 and PC only. If your video card does not support this your visuals won't work. 

Because the game is not fully optimized, in fact it is not optimized at all - more powerful rigs will provide a lot better experience. 

your two options are

• wait
  • or upgrade the computer - it will be worth it not only for our game but for other games as well

You can of course still participate in the discussions and feedback

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I would really like to play this game. But I do not know if I have DX11 :/

Is there a way to find out if I do, and if I do not, how can I get it?

PC: latitude 3540

64 Bit

Intel® Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

RAM: 4GB

Hope I can play the game, but I need to be sure before I buy it for Xmas :)

Jasper

That's ok.

Please follow the instructions at this link:

http://www.enkivillage.com/how-to-find-out-your-graphics-card-windows-7.html

I'd like to know the values for "Memory" and "Processor" on the System tab, and the "Name" (it'll likely be 4000, or 5000, 5500, something like that) "Manufacturer", and "Approx. Total Memory" values on the Display tab.

Thanks.  Let me know if you have problems getting this information.

Memory: 4096 MB Ram

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

Name: Latitude 3540

Manufacturer: dell Inc.

Approx. Total Memory: 1696MB

(sorry, if I knew a bit more about computers this would not have taken up so much space in this thread >.<)

Memory: 4096 MB Ram

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

Name: Latitude 3540

Manufacturer: dell Inc.

Approx. Total Memory: 1696MB

(sorry, if I knew a bit more about computers this would not have taken up so much space in this thread >.<)

Good news, you passed the technical requirements

bad news... well you are not going to have a good experiance, infact you will probably have a pretty bad experiance playing this game with those specifications.

I was wondering if my computer will run this game, and for obvious reasons I was unwilling to spend money on it until I know it will run OK, specs are as follows from DXdiag

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: X38-DQ6
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850  @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2922MB used, 13456MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4049 MB
Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
Monitor Id: SAM07C0
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Hope that helps

i think you will find 4 core cpu is minium and yours is 2 core intel i5 4200 and the one at the top is intel i5-4210u allso 2 core cpu along with low end hd family graphics card will not run this game.sorry but you can upgrade your pc :o

This game, like >95% of games, is far more demanding on your graphics card than processor. While those with faster RAM and CPU speeds will certainly see faster loads, there really isn't a huge need for anything better than a medium-high 5th gen i3 (low end of last generation's processors) CPU-wise. However, if you're running on integrated graphics (laptops, especially) you're going to hurt. I'm seeing 45-50 FPS on a Radeon 270x overclocked, which is a mid-range graphics card, and running everything on highest (without antialiasing). My girlfriend is on a 260x (a step down from mine) and she's seeing steady 60 FPS on medium-high. As has been mentioned, the biggest requirement is your hardware and software supports DX11 -- the stuff that does tends to be new enough that there isn't the "will I be able to play?" concern as much as "how good can I make it look at acceptable FPS", which is a judgement call none of us can make for you.

In summary, hardware requirements are moderate at best; make sure you have a decent discrete graphics card and you shouldn't have any problem. As far as CPUs go, core count does not matter; VERY few games are optimized to use 4 cores. I can't speak for CPU usage though, the only thing that makes my OC'd i5 4690K sweat is lots of movie editing or recording at 1920x1080 (even that may be a HD bottleneck).

Edit: if you're on a laptop, unless you spent far too much and got a "gaming" laptop, you're likely not going to have a good framerate until the game is optimized.

Edited by poison
  • Like 1