Game-Labs Forum

Why Caribbean not Europe?

Because the temperature in the Caribbean is better for the sailors, you dont want them to freeze to death ? do'nt ya:)

I think it a matter of time and more population before new world regions open up, it is inevitable if this game become a succes.

No exploration in Europe.

Right exploration is what most players will do in Naval Action:P

Where would the Americans sail out of? New New York, placed over the ruins of what was once London?

There will be no Americans then:P

but i wait for some serious explainations...maybe from Admin? :P

The First Nations would never debase themselves so regularly, so willingly, and so greedily!

But the crumbling halls of Europe will be for American food, American drinks, American gossip, and American life. Yea, the eyes of the world shall look west for guidance and leadership!

Where OW takes place doesn't really matter. Every seas, every oceans are beautiful.

Every waters would do.

What matter are beautiful landscapes, good physics, day and night cycle... We have all of them.

Stating that the most epic XVIIth-XIXth century naval battles took place in Europe is a european vision !!!

For example, the mediterranean Sea saw some epic battles and isn't only an european Sea.

I hope someday we'll have other maps, all around the world (and maybe also Terra Incognita).

It would add diversity and immersion.

But, in the meantime, we can have fun with the Caribbean, a lot of fun !!!! 

Besides, the Caribbean is a concentrate of history between lots of nations (lots are european, btw...), naval warfare, exoticism, adventure... 

An "European"

Edited by LeBoiteux

Where OW takes place doesn't really matter. Every seas, every oceans are beautiful.

Every waters would do.

What matter are beautiful landscapes, good physics, day and night cycle... We have all of them.

Stating that the most epic XVIIth-XIXth century naval battles took place in Europe is a european vision !!!

For example, the mediterranean Sea saw some epic battles and isn't only an european Sea.

I hope someday we'll have other maps, all around the world (and maybe also Terra Incognita).

It would add diversity and immersion.

But, in the meantime, we can have fun with the Caribbean, a lot of fun !!!! 

Besides, the Caribbean is a concentrate of history between lots of nations (lots are european, btw...), naval warfare, exoticism, adventure... 

An "European"

Well Caribbean are so expolred in movies and games...i want personally something new and different...fed up with Jack Sparrow etc... :D

http://oraltradition.wikia.com/wiki/List_and_maps_of_Native_American_tribes

Love Ya all:P

I feel as though a Europe map could go terribly wrong. Considering the scale of everything, pirates would simply sit on Gibraltar and annihilate everything spare a few 1st rate fleets that dared to leave/enter the Mediterranean. I played an open world sailing RPG game once, and Gibraltar was scaled down to a tiny hole- basically, all of the PVP happened there xP

• Like 1

2 years ago at the forum was to discuss "what card you want." There were three versions of the real, invented and combined. As a result, we stopped on a variant of "combined" because players want to visit the famous city and sail among the places to eat, beaches, islands, and it is possible to finish the new lands, islands, straits, and other things, all that will remove disadvantages of real cards, but leave recognizable the world.

The actual card is not passed, because in the real geography of many empty spaces that will cause negative feelings from the game. Fully invented card is not passed, because that combination was a big plus.

So, the developers have stopped on a choice - "Which region do first?". Do not forget that the game should be sold, and that the best nautical theme untwisted in the world? -Of Course it is a subject of the Caribs, pirates, treasure and all that is in the region. About this filmmaking, written books, made games and stuff.

So the choice of the Caribbean was quite logical. New Island add to it, where exactly empty, absolutely not difficult, as will be made if necessary. So will the world combined.

So the choice of the Caribbean was quite logical. New Island add to it, where exactly empty, absolutely not difficult, as will be made if necessary. So will the world combined.

Do you really mean that the next dev stage regarding maps will be adding made-up islands in the middle of the Caribbean Sea and of the Gulf of Mexico, where it is "empty", to "fill in space" ?

Edited by LeBoiteux

Because pirates were in Caribbean and that was where all the action was at.

There were pirates and alike all around the world (e. g. in the mediterranean Sea). For that, you just need a boat and evil intentions.

Edited by LeBoiteux