Game-Labs Forum

Remove hidden edits from those with "Tester" access

Guest raat

People who have "Tester" tag can make edits to their posts with it showing they've made an edit to the public.  Please remove this.

Certain "Testers" edit their posts quite frequently and abuse this mechanic to make a discussion and debate confusing for the rest of us.

• Like 3

There's a select group of people that have the "tester" tag on their account.  These people can make edits to their posts that are invisible to you or I.

There's no "Edited at xx:xx am/pm" disclaimer when they make an edit.

Some of these testers abuse this mechanic and go back and edit their posts constantly.  Often changing their argument after seeing counter-arguments.  It makes for a very confusing discussion in threads.

• Like 2

I think anyone can "turn off" the edited by notice if they want to - perhaps it is a privilege I didn't know was.

Try unchecking the _ show 'edit by' line in the lower right er left of your edit box.

Edited by ampaholic

It's a privilege for "Tester"s only.  I do not have that option.

oh, sorry - I got it wrong.

Perhaps you can ask Admin to make you a tester? since you are testing - you are testing aren't you? ;)

oh, sorry - I got it wrong.

Perhaps you can ask Admin to make you a tester? since you are testing - you are testing aren't you? ;)

Not the point.  No one other than moderators should really have that privilege.  It's unnecessary.  And like I said leads to abuse and confusing discussions.

However, testers can't change what you quote from their writings, can they ?

(edit  ;))

As a matter of fact, I never read the date of the last editing of a post. I don't have time. I think most people don't either.

So a member can edit one of your previous post, I'll never know/pay attention.

So if hidden edit privilege exist, it's no big deal to me.  :)

Edited by LeBoiteux

@slik even a quickly edited post results in a "edited by"

and it's a big deal because quoting them or not, it adds more to the conversation that previously wasn't there.  And in some cases, actually can completely change the conversation making anyone's subsequent response useless.

It's just unnecessary in my opinion.  Serves zero purpose for anyone other than moderators.

and it's a big deal because quoting them or not, it adds more to the conversation that previously wasn't there.  And in some cases, actually can completely change the conversation making anyone's subsequent response useless.

LOL, like most threads werent confusing enough already...

Grtzzz Bubbles