Game-Labs Forum
admin

Trading and economy feedback

Making rare wood really rare was intended to create more pvp, as I understand. But with some ports having permanently rare woods, the owning nation or clan has a permanent advantage over the others. This without taking the risk to leave port an being captured.

To have an even chance for all players to get some rare woods and to bring players out of ports in more dangerous waters, I propose to make rare woods only capturable in NPC traders. Since you cannot cap those of your own nation, players will have to leave their home waters for that purpose and increase the chance to meet an enemy. 

The bred and butter mats should  be available like now, with at least a bit of hauling necessary. I dislike the idea of having them all in one port. After all its a game about sailing not in port  crafting. 

• Like 3

On 4/13/2019 at 4:50 AM, Sea Archer said:

Making rare wood really rare was intended to create more pvp, as I understand. But with some ports having permanently rare woods, the owning nation or clan has a permanent advantage over the others. This without taking the risk to leave port an being captured.

To have an even chance for all players to get some rare woods and to bring players out of ports in more dangerous waters, I propose to make rare woods only capturable in NPC traders. Since you cannot cap those of your own nation, players will have to leave their home waters for that purpose and increase the chance to meet an enemy. 

The bred and butter mats should  be available like now, with at least a bit of hauling necessary. I dislike the idea of having them all in one port. After all its a game about sailing not in port  crafting. 

I definitely agree about "gathering" via NPCs as opposed to meaningless labor hour extraction or doubloon grindwalls. In addition to traders carrying fine woods I'd hugely bump up the number of logs (I'd rename them timbers to be slightly more accurate) that are recovered from breaking up captured ships making that a viable crafting material acquisition strategy. 

Make PvE ship capture pay for those players who do it...

Making all crafting resources available other than fine woods in any one port seems incredibly short sighted as well... as was the removal of the blueprint system.. In general, 2016-era crafting was so much better, it's just sad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James Thomson said:

tptasOn.thumb.jpg.89518ad09c304851ad2924853eb93929.jpg

You can make a lot more money with a few items and a long trip but risk vs reward deliveries are the winner

i can fit 2x mission items on my Tbrig that can net me 300k and 2k dubs. I cant fit trade items that ever make such win in to my ships. So its not worth doing trade item hunt.

Also you need to have some start cash to buy the trade items usually to make these winnings.

Also i have noticed no players are selling stuf at ports. Seems like im only one selling raw materials. I find it odd.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, James Thomson said:

i can fit 2x mission items on my Tbrig that can net me 300k and 2k dubs. I cant fit trade items that ever make such win in to my ships. So its not worth doing trade item hunt.

Also you need to have some start cash to buy the trade items usually to make these winnings.

Also i have noticed no players are selling stuf at ports. Seems like im only one selling raw materials. I find it odd.

You're not the only one selling resources - it just seems like people buy them instantly and if you get online at the wrong moment you may never "see" the market :P.

10 hours ago, Teutonic said:

You're not the only one selling resources - it just seems like people buy them instantly and if you get online at the wrong moment you may never "see" the market :P.

Maybe in national capital, but not in any other port at least not at British side. I drop in every port on my way to the destination to check any sales and its nada. I know there are peeps whit buildings they just don't care to sell any because price is too low compared gains from missions. Everyone just hoards the stuff and trade to guildies if needed. Thats how i think its atm. 

I think passenger and/or cargo delivery overlap to much with normal trade hauling and I find it confusing.. 

I would like to see cargo missions as a simplified an quicker alternative to making reals. So basically the same as it is now, just the rewards for cargo delivery missions should just be reals. While passenger delivery could be the alternative to get doubloons. So same as now, just only rewarded with doubloons and not reals.