Game-Labs Forum

Arranged Weekend Trafalgars anyone???

Booyaah

With the wipe delayed for another week, next wednesday, there is going to be another real trafalgar! :)

As usual @ plymouth

22.00 CEST saturday =

9.00 pm england

4.00 pm USA newyork

1.00 pm USA las vegas

4.00 am Australia perth (sunday)

6.00 am Australia sydney (sunday)

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 1

Since pvp activity dropped around Plymouth, smog levels have gone down :-P.

Im fine with frig-only, I do have to do some irl-stuff saturday though, so not sure if I make it, or only on the second traf.

I have 5th to 1st rates around Plymouth, so will join with whatever is needed.

Grtzzz Bubbles

Let's plan to do a frigate only battle (4th and 5th rates), since I don't hear any objections and it sounds like everyone wants to.  Then we can do w/e the group wants after for the remaining battle(s).  

So if you don't have a frigate now, please grab it and teleport it down to Plymouth ahead of time if needed. Then next week we'll have our brig battles :)

The 2 most important things are to be on the TS server (don't need a mic, just listen) and to be at Plymouth on-time, that's it.

Edited by Booyaah

Did i ever post these links here? i guess i didnt.. well.. here they r..

First battle unfortunatly was a terrible battle. Players joined the wrong teams wich resulted in a big imbalance of the teams. This also resulted in miscommunication.

and

Battle of the bricks. Demasting was number 1 this fight.

• Like 1

I was hoping we could do SoL Trafalgar again. In the last patch the demast-to-board tactics was dominant to the point of broken and unenjoyable. It would be worthwhile to test, how the battle works out in the current iteration (and my early battles are hugely encouraging, with hull damage appearing to be the deciding factor finally). Frigate battles weren't really that broken before, neither are now.

So why not do the first battle, proper ship of the line battle (as it's bound to have more players), then do the second one with frigates only?

Let's plan to do a frigate only battle (4th and 5th rates), since I don't hear any objections and it sounds like everyone wants to.  Then we can do w/e the group wants after for the remaining battle(s).  

So if you don't have a frigate now, please grab it and teleport it down to Plymouth ahead of time if needed. Then next week we'll have our brig battles :)

The 2 most important things are to be on the TS server (don't need a mic, just listen) and to be at Plymouth on-time, that's it.

brig battles? i am dissepoint, i thought we would have lynx battles, im going to be honest, that sounds a lot more exciting than brig battles(simply due to the lynxes rigging)

1) So based upon's today 'highly annoying' experience, pending until the devs maybe giving us a game lobby available through Plymouth, I do not think we should form the lines at Plymouth.  I am thinking somewhere to the eastern most part of the Lesser Antillies like either Rosaly or maybe the the top NW tip of Guadaloupe between St Louis and Le Moule that we tried earlier today?  Just because there is no AI traffic there to endlessly engage our fleets...we could do Aves, but that's a ways off...

Also, I think we should go back to filling out the sign-up sheet.  I've kind of been slacking off in regards to that lately, sorry.  The reason I say this, is because ppl can fill out their desired ships ahead of time (instead of waiting at 4pm for ppl to line up) and we can 'mostly' know what the ship composition will be ahead of time.   Plus it's easy to sort by ship size to get the BR as even as possible.  Then we could have everyone either wait in port and then each side can 'trickle' in right out of port.

Sign-Up sheet: https://goo.gl/Tf6GBf

What sounds the best?

2) In order to get more battles in, do you guys want to add a rule, once 50% of a team's ships are captured/sunk/escaped that the other team wins and we can start a new game so we can maybe get

brig battles? i am dissepoint, i thought we would have lynx battles, im going to be honest, that sounds a lot more exciting than brig battles(simply due to the lynxes rigging)

Is there a reason you want to only do lynx?  Fore aft I think would actually do really well in brig only because of the their ability to sail into the wind and dictate the battle compared to a Mercury or Navy Brig.  I just like having some diversity, for some strange reason I want to sail the Snow again *shrug*

Edited by Booyaah