Game-Labs Forum

Arranged Weekend Trafalgars anyone???

Booyaah

I said this a lot of other places, but sadly i wont be joining tomorrows trafalgar due to upgrading my pc to a custom loop(will post full build log when done to any one interested) but in the meantime, if you havent seen it here is a video of last weeks trafalgar:

summer time, 22 cet is 23 cest

Ukraine is cest +1and now everybody is confused

22 cet says its 12am kiev time last time it was 23pm kiev time? are you sure?

Suggestion: Use Zulu/GMT for the official NA time. It's helpful with online communities where people are in multiple time zones. I've noticed from experience that people will quickly learn to convert to their own local time.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/zulu.htm

• Like 1

The Last Hoorah,  one more fun Trafalgar before the wipe completed.

A couple observations from the first battle today.

- De-masting is still very strong, maybe too strong.

- Game play with boarding is much better then it was, but it is now way too powerful, with very little danger or loss for the ship with the most crew, say a Santi vs Vic.  they start out with a 20% crew advantage and almost guaranties the out come. during sea trials, the battle had some boarding, and sometimes masts were shot off, but the main tactic was sailing and shooting the enemies ships.  This led to much more involved and more enjoyable battles in my opinion.    I do like the new boarding system.  I just think that Crew XP should be developed in the game, so that risking loosing so much of you crew in a 1000 vs 850 battle will not be worth it, even if you win.  I would be nice to see things like Grapeshot to reduce the enemies crew before boarding and especially regular battle damage to ships become important in the battle outcome.

I am really looking forward to some of the new changes after the wipe, and new Trafalgar battle to come.

The best thing that can happen is for skirmish rooms be available on traf days. 

Its sooo hard to bal now that there are multiple factions and numbers - and one wrong comment on TS can change the ruleset too.

Even better would be the option of 'create a battle' in skirmish room where you can disable or enable things before battle - eg tick 'no boarding' and that whole function is disabled, or have a function SOL only or br of # only. then ppl can join it

edit - just thought of this - a disable all mods button also, making all ships bog standard for a match.

and mabie MABIE a few select 50+ rooms

Edited by DazednConfused
  • Like 6

Suggestion: Use Zulu/GMT for the official NA time. It's helpful with online communities where people are in multiple time zones. I've noticed from experience that people will quickly learn to convert to their own local time.http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/info/zulu.htm

Found a better link for converting. LINK . If everyone would use Zulu it would be less confusing.

CET has been used so far and will remain as such.

Either you have to CET to your own timezone, or the organization has to convert zulu time to our own, thats not going to happen.

22.00 CET saturday =

9.00 pm england

4.00 pm USA newyork

1.00 pm USA las vegas

4.00 am Australia perth (sunday)

6.00 am Australia sydney (sunday)

If this isnt sufficient, i don't know what it. There are plenty of converters or lists that show what CET is in your own country, feel free to put some effort into yourself.

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 1

CET has been used so far and will remain as such.

If this isnt sufficient, i don't know what it. There are plenty of converters or lists that show what CET is in your own country, feel free to put some effort into yourself.

the thing is that the traffalgars are not happening at 22:00 cet, they start at 22:00 cest

in cet it would be 21:00

Good luck to all participants,

because of connection issues (my router apparently needs a minute long break every 3-4min) I am unable to join you.

Decision was made at 22:05 after 7 reconnections in 15 minutes.

Have fun and sink some Dutch for me!

I have to issuse with internet.

Lol. I was literally the ONLY frigate in the entire engagement, and left a few minutes in. My fellow Connie, a good friend of mine wasn't able to join the battle, so I thought it would be the right thing to join him in some AI hunting.

They will come back

Events with national balancer will be finished in 1-2 weeks.

admin, it might not seem 'realistic', but we had a situation where we had balanced sides, but then there were 4 spanish players wanting to play, so when they joined a side it threw balance off by 4 1st rates.  I don't think the current system allows players from one country to split across both sides for balance purposes.  Anyways just a thought to have an option to allow for ignoring your nation.

And can you also add to the lobby and in-game battle screen (tab key), the BR on both sides (both the initial BR on each side when the battle started and the current BR of alive ships on each side).

Oh and demasting is fine :)

FuSpihS.png(please nerf damage done to masts via dispersion from +800m out)

Edited by Booyaah
  • Like 3