Game-Labs Forum

Arranged Weekend Trafalgars anyone???

Booyaah

Until further information arives from the devs, we expect next trafalgar to be a lynx-trafalgar^^

Also, Aves might be the best location to move to, since plymouth has fallen pray to griefers and AI...

On a side note:
All streams are now also uploaded on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4SQ2U8wpjo2SVFWme7X0iw
video of last week:

*and see how i failed with my boarding, but the rest of the battle footage is quite nice!

Edited by SteelSandwich

I would vote to move to Aves, though I will warn however that AI ships do pass through there, (typically French) but not as often.  Aves is also a bit harder to find than most other ports due to not being in sight of any other island or land mast.  The easiest way to get there is to sail dead southwest from Plymouth.  And if you hit South America, you went a bit too far.

There is also Island Harbor, which was the area that we originally used for Trafalgars because there are hardly any ships that pass through there, the only reason that we chose to go to Plymouth was due to a lot of the members having an outpost there.  I would personally prefer Island Harbor over Aves, but that will be up to everyone else to decide. 

• Like 1

Thank you, we are discussing the schedule at the moment. An early *poll* resulted in the best time for this being:

22.00 CET saturday =

9.00 pm england

4.00 pm USA newyork

1.00 pm USA las vegas

4.00 am Australia perth (sunday)

6.00 am Australia sydney (sunday)

Thanks to Steel! What we are still discussing is another suitable battle slot, which would be 3-4 hours earlier. Additionally we have to think about the second battle. Do we still want one, do we want to pick specific ships for it?

I am in the battle now and the first impression is that its quite chaotic since one side is not unified on TS and all kinds of ships are present. Because of the lack of comms and randomness, people drag out the battle by sailing away. The shrinking circle which kills people outside needs a comeback.

Edited by Jacob de Montagne

Charles, MM sorts players by nation in a manner that the BR is as fair as possible.

Thats why 1 side had snows, the others cerbs, and the first side had 4 additional ships

I understand that there is some form of BR control (I wasn't aware of Nation separation too)..... however in a truly balanced BR you would not have all the Frigates and Cerbs on one side and Snows and a few extra Yachts on another.

Currently the system or BR system does this:

3 - 5

3 - 5

3 - 4

3 - 4

3 - 4

3 - 4

3 - 2

3 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

However for a truly balance game you need this:

5 - 5

4 - 4

4 - 4

3 - 3

3 - 3

3 - 3

3 - 3

2 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

1 - 1

For me its common sense not to stack one type of vessel on one side and another on the other... the clue is in the name 'Balance'!

• Like 1

We had choosen the new event feature on purpose to test it and I think it will work out just fine. The mechanism is already very convinient and we saved quite some time setting the event up!

Maybe a starting (large) battle event should be announced to people docked in port, to attract more players who are otherwise not aware.

In my opinion also need a longer timer duration specifically for the large battle so players can dock in time, as news of a impeding battle sometimes travels slow.

What do you guys think about the event battle?

Thanks for the footage Brandon! May I suggest you cut out more of the pre battle banter? Please also turn off your TS messages ;)

Edited by Jacob de Montagne

we said expect bugs :)

based on the screens i have seen in the tribunal MM definitely is not working as intended. 

OR perhaps yacht BR must go down.

Will the 'Game Balancer' always place the same nations on the same sides, Dutch, US & Danes v Pirate, France & GB?

I for one would like to sail alongside all the nations over time, even the US ;)

I would like to see players in pre arranged 'groups' placed on the same side unless the MM informs you this is not possible due to lack of numbers. Somewhat like fighting together in a platoon in a WOT random player battle. You may not know which side you will be alocated but you will at least be able to play together as a small unit.

Are these battles a test/pre-cursor to Port Battles ?

• Like 1

Yeah, could we increase the lobby time - it's at what, two minutes before lockout presently? 10 minutes would probably work best, but even five minutes would be better. We very nearly didn't have enough for the MM in the 2 mins. 

Also, is the large battle limited to 36 ships? If so I think it should be raised again, with 36 being minimum in the first timer to start the battle then add another two to five minutes for additional players after the battle has started, with a maximum of 40-50 ships. I mean 36 ships is really fun, I had fun chasing steel in a battered snow... but I think it means a lot of people will miss out and have to wait another few hours for a second large battle.

Another idea is to have it so that on the Trafalgar days, the timer is set so that the large battle opens once the first large battle is finished so we can have the usual two battles.

Yeah, could we increase the lobby time - it's at what, two minutes before lockout presently? 10 minutes would probably work best, but even five minutes would be better. We very nearly didn't have enough for the MM in the 2 mins. 

Also, is the large battle limited to 36 ships? If so I think it should be raised again, with 36 being minimum in the first timer to start the battle then add another two to five minutes for additional players after the battle has started, with a maximum of 40-50 ships. I mean 36 ships is really fun, I had fun chasing steel in a battered snow... but I think it means a lot of people will miss out and have to wait another few hours for a second large battle.

Another idea is to have it so that on the Trafalgar days, the timer is set so that the large battle opens once the first large battle is finished so we can have the usual two battles.

the minimum is 36, but what i noticed is as soon as that minimum is hit a 30s count down timer starts before the battle begins... this timer should really be 5 minutes, atleast 3

• Like 2

I would like to see players in pre arranged 'groups' placed on the same side unless the MM informs you this is not possible due to lack of numbers. Somewhat like fighting together in a platoon in a WOT random player battle. You may not know which side you will be alocated but you will at least be able to play together as a small unit.

Are these battles a test/pre-cursor to Port Battles ?

Groups are already are placed to one side. 

• Like 1