Game-Labs Forum

Vest-Indiske Escadre (West Indies Squadron of Denmark-Norway)

• 2 weeks later...

With the up comeing EA on steam we are looking for new players to strengthen our clan.

At the moment we have a core of aktive players form mostly europe (danmark, norway, germany,...), that will provide help and an introduction. But we are also looking for player from different time zones to be able to be active around the clock.

So if your interessed have look at the first post for the contact infos (ts, steam) or contact me or daniboy3000 directly in forum or game.

• Like 1

When I bought this game I wanted to play for Denmark even though I didn't have any reason. Today at work i realized...

AH_NAVY_70-35cl_333.png

The best rum i had in my life (and rum is my favorite beverage). Two years ago...

Danish Navy is the best :-D

Edited by Voi_Ta
  • Like 3

Of course you're right, Voi_Ta, but I'm sure most people would sail for Great Britain or USA anyway. On this subject, we've been discussing which name to use in-game; before the EA we used the English version of the name, "Danish West Indies Squadron", with the tags [DWIS], but it was decided that we should try using the contemporary Danish version, "Vest-Indiske Escadre", with the tags [VIE], this time.

In terms of suitability, the English version would be better for PR perhaps, but it's also slightly controversial since it doesn't include Norway in the name, and we've had an influx of new Norwegian players recently. We could of course use "Dano-Norwegian West Indies Squadron", but that would neither be historically correct (wasn't in contemporary use) nor very practical. The term "Dano-Norwegian" also usually refers to a certain dialect of the Norwegian language, more so than the pertaining to both Denmark and Norway in other areas. Other options might include "Danish-Norwegian West Indies Squadron" (though that combination is rarely used) or "Royal Danish West Indies Squadron", stressing that we're talking about the Danish crown rather than the Danish nation exclusively. It's important that we decide soon so other clans will not be confused when we change our tags, and so it won't be too much of a hassle when/if we remake the clan to change the name.

• Like 2

Hi, Interesting topic. I am from the UK and have been playing as Britain in the Beta access. It's obvious to me that some nations will become over populated.  I have sailed and fought in OW with some massive British fleets. Problem is, there's nothing satisfying about combat when the odds are so heavily in my favour because I simply have superior numbers on my side.

After the wipe, I have chosen to 'defect' to the Danish nation. With a more interesting position on the map and less players it should be more challenging and therefore more rewarding. I think other more mature people will realise the same and your clan will naturally get interest from a wide audience - regardless of what you call yourselves. I think "Vest-Indiske Escadre" is not only authentic but sets you apart ( in a good way.)

Obviously you know that British people like me are (generally) incredibly stupid and bad at learning other other languages, so if you do want to attract international players, simply advertise that your teamspeak channel is English speaking. Also be mindful that that not all countries are represented in the game. There will be a lot of keen captains looking for a nation to adopt them. I'm sure their decision will be more to do with type of people,  age group and camaraderie they expect, than the clan name.  

Wishing you Happy sailing and fierce fighting!      

Edited by eebo
  • Like 3