Game-Labs Forum

Screen Resolution Changes On Its Own

EdJaws

When starting a game, after having set my screen resolution to the proper 1920x1200, then starting a new session or quitting and restarting will change my screen resolution to an odd 1920x1145. There is a noticable difference of what's visible on the screen when I change it back to the proper resolution. Everything else about running the game is perfect.

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 with a Nvidia GTX 750 graphics card.

1920x1145post-13408-0-28757000-1434835491_thumb.jpg

1920x1200post-13408-0-60737300-1434835534_thumb.jpg

Thought you might want to know but it's not a game breaker.

Thanks.

Ed

• Like 1

Nope, I don't believe I ever set windowed mode especially now since I've been playing on the new install on Steam. My other install, from GOG, I might have but that one is on Windows and Steam is on Linux.

It's not a big deal; just wanted you to be aware of it and perhaps others if they haven't noticed it happening.

Thanks for your response.

• Like 1

Just a follow up... I booted into Windows to run the game and it had the proper resolution 1920x1200. Booted back to Linux and ran it again and it started at 1920x1145. Strange Linux only problem.

Edited by EdJaws

Further testing... 1920x1145 is indeed the resolution for windowed mode. I wonder if there is a value I can set in Steam launch options to force my full screen resolution?

Thanks for your time and patients.