Game-Labs Forum

Complaints about moderation.

Dear Captains.

Our moderators (who have a staff tag) are volunteers. They are players just like you who make this forum a better place. They find spammers, clean up the topics from flame and off topic. Sometimes their opinions differ from yours, but that does not mean they are against you. They just follow the forum rules.

For example if you discuss moderation in a combat discussion most likely your topic will be hidden (it does not mean we don't read them, they are open for devs, they are just hidden for general public).

If you believe that moderators treated you unfairly or if you want an explanation why your message or topic or post was hidden please write a moderator a PM and ask in private. If the situation is not resolved after that you can post your question here.

• Like 9

• 11 months later...

Dear Admin.

I recently opened a survey in the suggestions section.

It was a sincere attempt to improve the game asking the opinion of the players about some ideas. The tone was cordial and polite.

At 30 seconds of its opening it was blocked by the moderator SteelSandwich accusing me of trolling.

I have sent a private message to him explaining that it is a legitimate survey, but I have not yet received a reply.

I think Mr. SteelSandwich is not doing well as moderator getting ahead of general interest to his own opinions and friends.

Saw some threads of you beeing Anti-Pirate, and generating a huge discussion out of them. 

Then i saw that you liked several posts in Pirate Clan Threads etc. For me this seems like a hint on trolling.

Also as my fellow mate above me already pointed out, Read your Signature.

They just follow the forum rules.

And right there is the Problem, No they´re only inconsistenly following the Forum Rules.

Edited by Paint
  • Like 1

Dear Admin.

I recently opened a survey in the suggestions section.

It was a sincere attempt to improve the game asking the opinion of the players about some ideas. The tone was cordial and polite.

At 30 seconds of its opening it was blocked by the moderator SteelSandwich accusing me of trolling.

I have sent a private message to him explaining that it is a legitimate survey, but I have not yet received a reply.

I think Mr. SteelSandwich is not doing well as moderator getting ahead of general interest to his own opinions and friends.

I'm sorry, having reviewed the post in question, I entirely disagree with your assertion. The post was designed, written, and intended to incite a negative emotional response in a large portion of the player base. The wording, the content, in fact the entire post was designed for you to take National News content out of National News and put it in a place where the opposition couldn't respond in kind. Had this same suggestion been made at any other time in the game about any other Nation that was in a bad position, I would have hidden it as well.

You may appeal this above me if you like by PMing Admin, but after review, I agree entirely with locking and hiding your post.

• Like 10

I'm present in a lot of threads, however, I don't see every post made in every thread on these forums.  Challenge my credibility if you like sir, but if I didn't see it, and it wasn't reported, I can't very well have taken any action on it.

I'll add that I don't know where that content comes from as you didn't provide a link, however, if it was made in the course of a general thread, it has a lot more content and credibility than a poll placed in suggestions with the sole purpose of removing a nation in the game, especially when posted by someone who has been quite active in stirring the pot recently - someone who has started two different threads to attack the faction that they are suggesting be removed.

Moderation is a lot more than black and white, yes and no: a lot of context and derivation of intent is applied when content is being reviewed.  If you're going to make suggestions that go hand in hand with heavy trolling in other areas of the forum, you can certainly expect your suggestions to be scrutinized more closely when they touch on the areas you have been trolling.

Thank you.

• Like 5