Game-Labs Forum

February News - New round of focus testing invites

Hello everyone

In the next coming weeks we plan significant changes in the development process as we are finishing some important structural works on the game. We will be giving out builds more often and there will be more and more changes in the game.

Changes in forum rules and moderation

This mostly concerns Russian speaking forums, but wanted to post it here too. We will introduce stronger rules in the "General Discussions" forum and in the "Suggestions" forum that moderators will enforce. The reason - it is getting harder to get the necessary information, answers or ideas in the flow of noise and forum pvp. Existing open rules "be nice" will stay in the Tavern only. Some of the active forum members will be invited to become moderators.

Please move your strong arguments and forum pvp into personal messages or tavern.

Game build improvements:

Graphics

• Lighting reworked

• Visuals for levels changed and somewhat improved 

• Sail visuals and animations reworked 

• We started significant long term works on the FPS optimization

Gameplay and Stability

• Camera and targeting improvements continued, some changes include focus testers suggestions 

• Bot balancing in the PvE mode improved

• Certain ship parameters changed: for example damage, reload speed and others 

• USS Constitution launched

• Server infrastructure and code improved - less lag and less occasional teleporting

• We have developed but not yet switched on ship fires, under waterline leaks, and cannon penetration parameters - we will gradually introduce it to testing over time

• Other changes and improvements

• Of course we probably broke something - to the better or to the worse - we will find out together.

Open world prototype initial work finished

Changes in testing process

• New testers will be invited - of course the usual rule applies - you have to be actively participating in the discussions to be invited

• Testing will be done in time slots - for mass battles. These time slots will be discussed in a separate topic next week. Most developers will play with focus testers together. 

• Ships will be unlocked or locked depending on the goal of the testing time slot 

• Former unlocks and statistics will be saved but switched off - and of course they will be wiped multiple times anyway. 

• Open world testing will only be open to very active players 

Testing is hard work and we will unfortunately remove some players who don't play enough battles or don't provide active feedback. But it is good news for those who actually want to play and help us make a great game. So its a win win for everybody.

Other information

Build update is planned for the next week - hopefully - but anything can happen to delay it. 

Also we will remove the clauses concerning visuals from the NDA. You will be able to make screenshots, shoot videos and distribute them. NDA will continue to be enforced for everything else in the agreement. 

Also 

Unity liked our game so much that they posted our screenshot on top of their game list.

FdS74htl.jpg

Soon they will publish an interview with our development team.

ps there might be English language problems in this post ;)

• Like 4

In fact, i reached this forum trough the unity tab "games made with unity". I saw that beatiful ship model and then devoured the forum information trough several days really enjoying the general direction of the project, and the player-friendly attitude of the studio to create a good game.

Im happy to see projects carried like this by a small studio, keep the hard work!

A couple of questions.  I have been reading the forum on the Naval game and saw that there was a call for shipbuilders and such but I never saw anywhere one could formally apply to participate.

So I have the same question here.  Is there a place to apply?  I am 65 and work full time.  So I do not have time to just chat in forums unless I have a specific reason.  I would love to but again there is so little time.

I would like to be part of the testing.  I am definitely going to buy the game when it comes out.  It is hands down one of the most beautiful conceptions I have ever seen.  And being an illustrator that is what attracted me to this game.

I have 45 years of illustration and painting...mostly traditional...but also lots of time behind digital 3d  and 2d programs. 

Is there a thread for applying for one or both of these?  The beta testing and the actual working on the naval game?

Thanks.  And whatever your response...best of luck with this.  I am certain there are many who cannot wait to see this come out.  I also voted for this today on Steam.

Great work guys, I will definitely spend more time on this one. One request: could you limit npcs sailing away from a battle into nowhere? It looks like when in battle they shoot,but tend to sail straight away from a battle and that makes battle useless. I had few cases where I had to chase some ships , so I can fire on them. That kept me away from a game. Other than that all seems to be normal for current lvl of the game. 

Can't wait to test this new patch!