Game-Labs Forum

Non-random MP opponent with GOG copy?

Can you please ask your friend what is the version nbr of his GOG game? He can see in the lower left corner of the start menu.

Version nbrs should match. If not, we must check with GoG why the game is not updated yet. Probably it requires manual update not like Steam which is automatic.

I bought UG:G from GOG a week ago and the version is 1.03. I tried everything to update the game, even trying though GOG-galaxy, no dice.

Others on the GOG forum are reporting the same thing, old version, which was never revealed in the game description. There is no excuse for selling an old copy of the game so I'd stay away from GOG. I did email support a week ago but have yet to receive a response.

I figured I throw some money towards GOG but that was a mistake, lesson learned. I bought another copy from Steam today, 11-06-15.

I bought UG:G from GOG a week ago and the version is 1.03. I tried everything to update the game, even trying though GOG-galaxy, no dice.

Others on the GOG forum are reporting the same thing, old version, which was never revealed in the game description. There is no excuse for selling an old copy of the game so I'd stay away from GOG. I did email support a week ago but have yet to receive a response.

I figured I throw some money towards GOG but that was a mistake, lesson learned. I bought another copy from Steam today, 11-06-15.

Thank you for the message. We will contact them to fix the issue asap. Already they are preparing to update to v1.5.

Yes, it got updated on GOG. I may be wrong but the only way I seen the update was with GOG Galaxy installed. There is no automatic update like on Steam.

Still no Linux support though but that's okay since I got it on Steam now.

Great game and support, Mr. Thomadis.

PS. BTW, I have yet to receive an email reply from GOG support.

Edited by EdJaws