Game-Labs Forum

A idea for the developers

Totalownage564

In the 1580's the spanish Armada Set sail to take over england. The Flagship of the ships armada was a ship known as the "San Martin."

The "San Martin." was a 48 gun galleon. and was owned by portugal. I hope that people will stand beside me as i request that this boat be put into the game because if its historical back ground.

This site will provide you with some of the detail of the boat.

http://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11697.

Scroll down to the spanish armada section.

A quote from another thread:

We definitely stop at 1820 mark yes. +-5 years.
Initial model line up range from 1680 till 1820.

Going earlier than that might make line battles look strange (with old galleons alongside modern 2nd rates)

The Spanish Armada sailed against England in 1588. So, while I personally think those times where interesting enough, they would be considered too early for this game.

~Brigand

• Like 1

I agree with Maturin, Brigand and Johny. Though this ship certainly has historical significance, it's far too early for Naval Action (In my opinion.)

As a limited competition prize however, that would be pretty interesting. A lot of videogames hold tournaments for players to prove their skill, so I could see it in game that way... But not as an average vessel.

I kind of like the fact of older boats being implemented into the game.  Although they may not be as capable or have as good stats of the new boats, but the could be cheaper, kind of like a used car.  It would be a good cheap throw away boat.

• 11 months later...

I kind of like the fact of older boats being implemented into the game.  Although they may not be as capable or have as good stats of the new boats, but the could be cheaper, kind of like a used car.  It would be a good cheap throw away boat.

I agree with Maturin, Brigand and Johny. Though this ship certainly has historical significance, it's far too early for Naval Action (In my opinion.)

As a limited competition prize however, that would be pretty interesting. A lot of videogames hold tournaments for players to prove their skill, so I could see it in game that way... But not as an average vessel.

I agree with some of your points guys, older vessels, such as galleons owned by Portugal and Spain, might be a bit too early but not in "firepower" terms.

Take the Galleon São João Batista for example, launched in 1536 and it had 366 cannons (total)...pretty cool right? Unfortunatly the max speed was only 7 knots. -_-

Eather way It would be cool to see some designs from that time as promotion ships or even event ships. Who knows... :P

i understand all of you the thing is, many of the Portuguese vessels had fire power advantage because when everyone else had canon loaded from the front, Portuguese canons were loaded from behind and that made the shot velocity 6 times faster... that's the way tanks load their guns... in terms of speed i dont really know, but fire power the Portuguese had