Game-Labs Forum

'Le Bucentaure' 80 guns, 1803

Ned Loe

As an American player, while I have my disdain for the poor shape the French Navy was in post revolution through the Napoleonic Wars, they were excellent shipbuilders and I can readily name more than a few French vessels that served in the time period other than the Bucentaure.  You're right, most of them had infamous histories, but the ships themselves were not to blame, the poor leadership was.  Stop thinking of the ships being piss-poor examples of a proud navy, and start focusing on the real issues behind the disgrace the French Navy put itself through post revolution.  I always found French ships to be beautifully crafted personally, damn the name.

Bucentaure is a perfectly good name.

It is a name of a leading ship of its class. She was named Bucentaure to spite the recently conquered Venice. She was Latouche Treville's flagship. She was mauled and captured at Trafalgar, but nevertheless rose up against the prize crew.

The story of the mutiny on the captured ship epitomizes French navy of the period. Although losing, always defiant and always ready to challenge "boasting britain".

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Considering that we finished the "First Half 2016" poll a month ago and we haven't even gotten the winners of the freaking 2015 poll ingame yet, goodness knows when we'll get the Bucentaure (which was first revealed in June 2015). Frankly, I'm getting annoyed. 

• Like 1

Considering that we finished the "First Half 2016" poll a month ago and we haven't even gotten the winners of the freaking 2015 poll ingame yet, goodness knows when we'll get the Bucentaure (which was first revealed in June 2015). Frankly, I'm getting annoyed. 

Ships aren't the most important content NA needs, nor a priority.  ;)

We can play with the ships that are in game.

Ships aren't the most important content NA needs, nor a priority.  ;)

We can play with the ships that are in game.

Well, it sure looks like they aren't the devs' priority...

But still, it's not exactly encouraging when there's a backlog that's over a year long. Besides, think of all the newbies who bought the game when it released on Steam but didn't follow its development beforehand, so they aren't as acquainted with the situation as we are. I bet there were a lot of people like that who got an interest in this game and bought it just in time to be able to vote in this year's poll, and who are/were excited at the idea of getting the Diana and the Christian VII within a few months of their voting. How many times over the coming months are we (folks who have been around the game and community a bit longer than others) going to have to explain to those newbies, when they come on this forum and ask where their ships are, that they should consider themselves pretty lucky if they see those ships by New Year's?

Edited by Arvenski

Well, it sure looks like they aren't the devs' priority...

But still, it's not exactly encouraging when there's a backlog that's over a year long. Besides, think of all the newbies who bought the game when it released on Steam but didn't follow its development beforehand, so they aren't as acquainted with the situation as we are. I bet there were a lot of people like that who got an interest in this game and bought it just in time to be able to vote in this year's poll, and who are/were excited at the idea of getting the Diana and the Christian VII within a few months of their voting. How many times over the coming months are we (folks who have been around the game and community a bit longer than others) going to have to explain to those newbies, when they come on this forum and ask where their ships are, that they should consider themselves pretty lucky if they see those ships by New Year's?

I think they have outside 3d modelers who does the job. I doubt they model them. I could be wrong. 

I would love to get a statement which ships are in which state of development and when they are estimated to get implemented. Variety in ships is one of the things I enjoy most about the game.

Bucentaure is definitely on my "want to have" list.

• Like 5

Another great ship that i'd like to see ingame. Unfortunately takes forever to implement. Maybe adding ships is not a development priority, but the game insanely lacking 2nd and 3rd rates.

Edited by NekOnOkO

• 1 month later...

dont worry i asume she could come at the end of the year hopefully together with Ocean.

And then maybe by next July we'll get the Christian VII! How wonderful is tha... oh, wait, it isn't. 

Edited by Arvenski