Game-Labs Forum

'Le Bucentaure' 80 guns, 1803

Ned Loe

making bucentaure is a bit shamish for us french captain. It's already victory to rememeber us this terrible defeat that is trafalgar. Making bucenaure is just trolling us against.

Getting "redoutable" would have been more correct.

After trafalgar and the peace, british send back to french a ship they capture on traf. French said they didn't want to get back defeated ship and prefer british to destroy it rather to giving it back to us.

Bucentaure will be alwais associated to an humiliate defeat. Making bucentaure ig is just harassing our national love.

Come on... Bucentaure in the game is just a piece of history (aged more than 200 years !), not a matter of "shame", "harassment", "trolling", "humiliation"...

Just a reminder : France and the UK are friendly allied nations now and for more than... 100 years :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entente_Cordiale

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

making bucentaure is a bit shamish for us french captain. It's already victory to rememeber us this terrible defeat that is trafalgar. Making bucenaure is just trolling us against.

Getting "redoutable" would have been more correct.

After trafalgar and the peace, british send back to french a ship they capture on traf. French said they didn't want to get back defeated ship and prefer british to destroy it rather to giving it back to us.

Bucentaure will be alwais associated to an humiliate defeat. Making bucentaure ig is just harassing our national love.

I don't buy it. Back then all nations celebrated glorious feats of arms, even if they ended in defeat against overwhelming odds. (Look at how much the French celebrated the inconclusive result of Belle Poule vs Arethusa, where the French ship retreated after taking heavier casualties).

Bucentaure went toe-to-toe with a three-decker flagship and came close to capturing her, and was only defeated after the arrival of another powerful SoL. That's a pretty epic bit of resistance.

• Like 4

Back then all nations celebrated glorious feats of arms, even if they ended in defeat against overwhelming odds. (Look at how much the French celebrated the inconclusive result of Belle Poule vs Arethusa, where the French ship retreated after taking heavier casualties).

It's called propaganda  ;).

first you beg for more french ships then it was all huray when she was anounced and now its meh we dont want her. :blink:

I'm sure (well... I hope) that in this sentence, you don't generalize to all the french players with your "you" and "we".

Because I'm french, I've never begged for more french ships (even though I like them), I said "Hurray" when Bucentaure was announced and now I say "I do want her". :)  

PS : Pierrick has never been entitled to speak for all of us, french players, and only expresses his own opinions and/or his clan's.

Edited by LeBoiteux

okey maybe its a bit harsh but still we suportet the need for the french navy and then there was aktiv looking for plans with the help of the french comunity. 

and now its meh we dont like here because of her battle. our Trinidad was foced to lower her flag or be stern raked at a battle befor Trafalgar. were even an Spanish ship hailed Trinidad and send the massage that if they lower the Flag they will open fire at her.

this whole thing is not really nice to the person who put the hours into her to bring her ingame.

Am I the only one who think's Plerrick is joking/trolling? :lol

I mean, either he is joking and people are taking it too seriously, or he's getting too worked up over something that most people probably don't give a damn about. I mean, it's a new and pretty cool (in my humble opinion) ship that's getting implemented into the game, and that we're going to be able to play. Who cares if it wasn't all that successful in real life? Hell, as Villeneuve's flagship at Trafalgar, it still had a prestigious position in real life, even if it isn't renowned for its success in the fighting.

Edited by Arvenski

Le Guillaume Tell is the same as le Bucentaure.

There are two phases.

First :

1787-1800 = 8 vessels

Le Tonnant

L'Indomptable

Le Sans Pareil

L'Indivisible

Le Foudroyant

Le Formidable

Le Franklin

Le Guillaume Tell

The second phase, 1802-1812, the 26 vessels already appointed.

The dimensions are exactly the same.

In 1803 mast are changed. In 1806 the artillery is slightly modified, in 1807 traditional accommodation spaces are changed.

Data:

Length x breadth x depht in hold

182'6"x 47' x 23'6"

59,28m x 15,26m x 7,63m

Deplacement: 3784,56 tx

Artillery of origin:

1st deck - 2nd deck - F'c'sl/Q'deck

30x36-pdr - 32x24-pdr - 18x12-pdr + 6 howitzer of 36-pdr

total: 86

Development of artillery:

In 1806 = 30x36-pdr - 32x24-pdr - 14-pdrx12 + 10 caronnades of 36-pdr

Total: 86

• Like 2

i think there is no more plan of bucentaure as french destroy them in purpose because they wanted to forget this ship. But it get sister ship and then it's easy to build it.

I'm alwais happy to see Sane ships going ig because i think they are part of the better sailing ship IG.

Now, bucenaure is mark as infamy in france and one more time, i personnlay think, and it's my opinion that french captain would have prefer to sail in redoutable which is the ship in trafalgar into the france fleet who well served and fight rather that in bucentaure.

That said, i would like to thanks the devs who work so hard to make this ship ig but naming it "bucenaure", although it's easy because more known for english speakers than redoutable is not really fair.

Atm there is no french ship ig that have not been defeat by brits. Surprise, belle poule and in few weeks bucentaure... (ok the belle poule is not mark as infamy in french mind).

Where are redoutable, confianceand jason?

I'm not for the "victory" santissima and this kind od "names" for the ship as there is only one victory one santi. Why to not names the ships like we got for the 3rd rate ig? Names them by class and let us name them...

Why to not names the ships like we got for the 3rd rate ig? Names them by class and let us name them...

It would be great to be able to customize the name of the ship written at her rear...

if you just want to be fair easier way but for sure it's maybe boring for devs, make a french poll and see what named people would prefer for the ship

If so, please, don't forget the line :

a.

b.

c. I don't care  :) 

• Like 3

A false option like obione kenobee or i don't care will make not french player choosing this option to troll us as you just did with your post.

If someone is not imporant for you and that you don't care, don't spend your time saying it. If you should say on any topic you don't care that you don't care, you're going to spend a lige posting...

+, if you don't care fine for you, let the pople that does speak instead of trolling them with british players apllauses. It's not because french players don't speak french that they don't speak about it.

We have had the discussion on TS today and all the plyarrs were for a vote to rename bucentaure an another name

You can whine or troll but leboiteux you are playing alone when we are sharing information in ts with edr and others players that are not belonging to our society. Pass on ts to speak with the people there and after that maybe are you going to thinnk before post.

after some research everything is not bad about bucentaure.

Into trafalgar the ship was raked bye victory which kill 400 men in 2 minutes.

After victory pass, 3 ships attack himl and dismat him letting him almost destroy.

The day after trafalgar, the prosinnoer on board make a rebellion and get back the control of the ship and put french flag on it.

Due of tempest and bad crew (they were a bit hurt) and maybe because they were no more officer on board, then the bucentauyre crash on a reef and sunked.

At least it sunk with french colors...

A false option like obione kenobee or i don't care will make not french player choosing this option to troll us as you just did with your post.

If someone is not imporant for you and that you don't care, don't spend your time saying it. If you should say on any topic you don't care that you don't care, you're going to spend a lige posting...

+, if you don't care fine for you, let the pople that does speak instead of trolling them with british players apllauses. It's not because french players don't speak french that they don't speak about it.

We have had the discussion on TS today and all the plyarrs were for a vote to rename bucentaure an another name

You can whine or troll but leboiteux you are playing alone when we are sharing information in ts with edr and others players that are not belonging to our society. Pass on ts to speak with the people there and after that maybe are you going to thinnk before post.

I really don't want to quibble with you.

However :

- Saying "I don't care. Any shipname would do : Bucentaure – a famous name in naval history – or anything else" isn't trolling. It's just expressing an opinion : a valid one, mine, not yours...

- Accepting the British won Trafalgar as a simple historic fact and having no nationalistic rancor in 2015 (!) (notably because UK have been our friend and an ally for a long time) isn't trolling : it is just an healthy point of view.

- You're right : I don't know what "all" the french players on TS said last night. However, you'll never be the representative of the whole French faction, but at most the representative of some. The trick "We all agreed on TS. There's only one voice : mine" is invalid.

- Please, stop being so resentful about the British faction and the whole Trafalgar thing. This isn't my France. 

Bucentaure as a perfect name. It is the flagship of Latouche-Treville, the best french admiral of Napoleon's Era.

Don't change the name. I want the Bucentaure !

No shame for us in this ship.

+1. Pierrick, now, I know what a member of the EDR thinks about that... No need of TS.  :)

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2