Game-Labs Forum

What I (hopefully) will do this weekend...

jodgi

• 1 month later...

We were finally able to do the trip. There's been weather holding us back and the outboard even broke off the mounting bracket and sank in harbour, I had to scuba down with a line to get it up. We did need a new (used) outboard so there were quite a few issues that made us postpone.

Anyway, all was set and the weather was nice with good wind, albeit from the wrong direction. We set out and had only sailed for two hours when something fantastic happened. Had to squint to make sure, but yea, it's wasn't just a spinnaker coming at us.

gJgHj6e.jpg

It was so cool to be out sailing in an open world! ;) We sailed up for a better look.

xvke74P.jpg

5Hxizb9.jpg

e90Nasv.jpg

CZdfWt6.jpg

Maybe some of you know what we saw?

But there was more...

XkQmGRn.jpg

F3InGM1.jpg

And the day went on like that. We saw a total of 15 tall ships. At one point there were 5 rigs ornamenting the horizon, we were well ganked, but I play NA so I'm used to that ;)

There had been a tall ships race further north in Molde, so we saw them sailing home or to the next race.

The next day started out with outboard problems as we raised the sails and ended with the motor quitting on us when we were getting ready to make our way towards a dock. We were out in weak winds without any means of propulsion and no experience or equipment for night sailing, so we had to bite the bullet and do the sensible thing:

80Kqy3o.jpg

• Like 5

Yea, I can't tell Radich apart from Sørlandet from that distance. I know the Swedes have one along those lines too. Actually, about ten of the ships we saw was that kind of ships, barque?