Game-Labs Forum

Sir,

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7858-port-battles-roadmap-discussions/

Second to last line in the post, "minority timezone players..."

Respectfully,

Casgar Rovelle

That doesn't mean what you think it means and it doesn't mean what you said it means.  That was the post prior to the port defense timer windows were even added.

Mr. Prater,

Your questions have been met with the upmost cordiality and reason, but now your persnickety manner is simply out of place.  Your captious zeal would be of more use elsewhere, perhaps in a thread for which you are invested; I kindly request that you cease posting here, unless by Divine Providence, you have something material to say.

Good day, sir.

good luck to your clan but the whole idea of a "US" server is simply silly. there is no need to split the community as they are there is a need to expand one large server so everyone from every timezone can play together, Do what you like but its only exacerbating the issue.

• Like 1

I guess I can see why you ran into problems with the other Brits on pvp1. I asked a simple question out of general curiosity to see if I had missed something from the devs. You gave your reasoning and a few links, I informed you were misinformed. You then give snide comments and tell me to go away, pretending to be cordial when in fact you are not in the least. Just because you can speak in the language and manner of the times does not mean you are being respectful or cordial. If you would have simply ignored my comment or acknowledged that yes, it doesn't appear that servers will have set port timers based on server location, but we moved anyway, we could have been done. Instead, you respond with this?

Your questions have been met with the upmost cordiality and reason, but now your persnickety manner is simply out of place. Your captious zeal would be of more use elsewhere, perhaps in a thread for which you are invested; I kindly request that you cease posting here, unless by Divine Providence, you have something material to say.

I in no way targeted what I said against any of you and immediately you target me in an offensive manner, just because I say port timers aren't going to be changed to server location?

• Like 1

good luck to your clan but the whole idea of a "US" server is simply silly. there is no need to split the community as they are there is a need to expand one large server so everyone from every timezone can play together, Do what you like but its only exacerbating the issue.

Yes it is silly...  but who named the server "US"?  The game developers did that.  

I suppose we should find it flattering that the people on PVP1 care so much about us leaving, but it is increasingly annoying.  We felt the writing was on the wall on the future of that server.  It happened to us before and it appears to be happening again.

I wish the splitting of the servers wasn't done, but it was.  If you look through my past threads you can clearly see that I was concerned the moment a "US" server was created for the very reason we all agree on.  Now with people constantly contacting us, writing on our recruitment page about how sad it is, coming into PVP2 to trying and coax players away, basically telling us to ignore the fact that there is a "US" server and ignore the fact that the port battle timers on PVP1 (in our ENTIRE experience) were set to mid-day "US" time.  We adapted to the game mechanics so we could play the game.

So again,

1.  There are "US" and "EU" labeled servers.

2.  On the "US" server we generally fight PB during 6-12pm Eastern Standard time.

3.  On the "EU" sever we would have had to take off of work and attack at 1 PM Eastern standard time.

We dealt with reality, not wishful thinking.

As to the out of place comment about us and other British players on PVP1 I can only say you blew that out of proportion.  Our only beef was with one group's leadership, not more, not less.  It is on that matter you are clearly misinformed.  If you want the full details I will gladly give you a timeline of events, what was said, and what was done; and then you can pass judgement.  If in some way you are asserting that our relationship with that leadership had anything to do with us leaving you are quite mistaken, thus, it has no place in this discussion here.

Regards,

W. A. Roberts

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Fellow Captains, Gentlemen, and Ladies;

His Majesty's West Indies Squadron is pleased to announce the Squadron is sailing on PvP Global Server.  Those of able body and mind are encouraged to repair to Commodore William Roberts, Captain Arthur Brown, or Captain Nevous Emero at The Black Tackle tavern in Port Royal.

I am &c.,

A. S. Brown

• Like 1