Game-Labs Forum

Dear Sirs,

Since my comission to the Carribean Theatre has recently been decided in Portsmouth, i had the "pleasure" of making my way here on a Trader`s Vessel.

One would think a nobleman would be relocated from Civilization to the New World in proper manner, but as you all know duty to the Crown has its obligations and so one shall not refrain from taking the utmost possible to serve the King.

It  would however be a true pleasure to get in contact with you Gentlemen.

In-game Name: Sir Yaeger

Looking forward to it,

S! Fair Winds!

Dear West Indies Squadron Commander,

I write to you in these troubled but terribly exciting times to offer my ship, crew and services to His Majesty's West Indies Squadron.

I have served loyally and eagerly in the Home Fleet, being born in Southampton and raised close to Portsmouth the salt of the sea and commanding of men is in my blood! I yearn to learn more from my fellow servicemen and serve commendably within your squadron for my country and for His Majesty the King!

I have recently arrived in this New World, awaitng the admiralty board to comission a more fittting ship and request permission to sail with you and your colours.

Yours faithfully,

Lord Samuel George Mountbatten

This fine Squadron is valiantly defending his Majesty`s holdings in the Leeward Island against the Swedish Horde.

Its a true pleasure to sail with these brave and honorful Captains.

I could not imagine a better Squadron for every Gentleman willing to make a difference!

We are a fun group, unless your ship spontaneously and horrifically combusts, causing a massive explosion that sinks three of your mates and knocks out 150 crew members of a fourth who was engaged in boarding at the time.

Aside from moments of grotesque and unfathomable tragedy, we are fun!

My dear Commodore Roberts,

It was with greatest Pleasure that I received word from the Admiralty that I was to again serve under your Broad Pennant, and again on the West Indies Station. I am sure that you have already been informed by the Admiral that you are to expect the Eurdice, under my command, to arrive on station in the coming spring (or, I daresay, that you used your not inconsiderable influence to ensure my posting, for which I can only give my thanks at this time, but indeed pledge my continued loyalty, blood, and sweat in the months to come towards expelling His Majesty’s enemies from the West Indies). Eurydice is a fine Vessel, and not unknown in the Waters of the West Indies as you well may know, she having been at The Saintes in eighty-two. I have been on half-pay for far too long, and growing soft whilst seeing to the affairs of my family’s estates in Hampshire. The life of the country Gentleman, whilst having its appealing Qualities (the Hunts this year have been capitol, old friend!), is one best left for those days when Weather and Sea have taken their toll, and one must retire from the Field of Honour to the Parlour of Dotage.

At present my Command is undergoing refit at Portsmouth, and my First Lieutenant, Willoughby, is preparing to lead a Press as soon as the next large Vessel pays off in the Port. I expect to sail on the first good tide in the next Month. This letter goes out with the next Packet, and should find you before HMS Eurydice does.

I remain, Sir,

your most humble,

and ob’t serv’t,

Jno. Enfield

p.s. It is with further joy that I learn that Brown, Cartwright, Hardy, Eden, and Emero have already been posted to the Station. Please pass along my regards, and inform them that I bring with me a case of the finest Claret for each of them, aside from Eden, for which I bring some Madeira, knowing how his Constitution reacts so violently to Claret. My surgeon has also promised to supply extra Blue Mass, at my expense, for Mr. Hardy’s use, as I presume little has changed in that matter since last we met.

• Like 1

Capital news, Enfield! Capital news indeed! Lord knows we could use another good captain; His Majesty's enemies are as numerous as they are aggressive---that is to say vast in quantity and severity. Our ports are in constant danger and as yet our meager efforts are being thwarted. Does this soften the resolve of His Majesty's captains? On the contrary: it causes us to fight with even more desperation, and the news of your eminent arrival only emboldens us in our endeavors.

Sadly, my great fortune from my sugar plantations and rum distilleries could not be transferred to this time and place, and the going can be quite rough sometimes. I am doubly anxious for your arrival, with the promise of that Madeira en route!

Godspeed, captain Enfield. You cannot arrive too soon!

Your old friend,

Eden