Launched: 1666

How acquired: Purpose built

Shipyard: Neustadt

Category: First Rate

Ship Type: Ship of the Line

Sunk as Foundation: 1717

QAkRInu.png

Taken from threedecks.org

The ship was originally called Prins Christian after the Danish Crown Prince Christian. But after he in 1670 became King Christian V the name was changed to Christianus Quintus but the namechange first took place in 1674. In 1684 the ship changed name again to "Elephanten" which means the elephant because the Danes had built a new and bigger ship that took the name Christianus Quintus.

The ship was flagship of Danish admiral Niels Juel in Battle of Køge Bay in 1677. In the battle Niels Juel won a crushing victory over the Swedes. 

The ship was sunken as a foundation for the danish seafort "Trekroner" in 1717

Video showing a model of the ship (In Danish): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-7NndPXSU

Website with information (In Danish) and more pictures: http://www.logen-quintus.dk/46720219

UgyovZz.jpg

NU1cNmT.jpg

xCzxwMK.jpg

pgf1zHW.jpg

a33ZVNI.jpg

znvPDmg.jpg

5ptGxxs.jpg

• Like 2

That's a beautiful old lady!

However, her launch date puts her outside the hard limit of the time frame for Naval Action.

The best information we have on the time frame is:

We definitely stop at 1820 mark yes. +-5 years.
Initial model line up range from 1680 till 1820.

Going earlier than that might make line battles look strange (with old galleons alongside modern 2nd rates)

In the Player selected ship 2015 - Suggestions-thread, @admin mentioned: 1600-1830 hard limit, 1690-1790 preferred. Where many feel that 1830 is stretching it.

Ships currently confirmed to be in the game range from 1715 (Ингерманланд/Ingermanland) to 1820 (Меркурий/Mercury).

Hope this helps,
~Brigand

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I like her, she would look a bit silly next to an early 19th century ship of the line. Imagine her in a game set at an earlier date... Now there would be some magnificent beauties there - For NA we have to make do with functional, sleek ships; though they have a charm of their own I suppose.

As much as I like her, she would look a bit silly next to an early 19th century ship of the line. Imagine her in a game set at an earlier date... Now there would be some magnificent beauties there - For NA we have to make do with functional, sleek ships; though they have a charm of their own I suppose.

IMHO, the presence of late XVIIth-century ships in NA is unproblematic because of ship Battle Rates.

I hope there will be lots of beautiful late XVIIth and early XVIIIth century ships in NA.  :)