Game-Labs Forum

open world of tomorrow

got lost,was sailing for half a day,no ai,s no players,,but the islands all looked the same.i think it was the most boreing adventure,,no mountains,,no volcanoes erupting,no spectacular water falls,,you made the open world geographicly like the carribean,,but i say it dont have to look like it..and the game wud be a lot more spectacular with mountains,volcanoes,,all sorts of scary things on the islands and i hope the ports will start looking like citys and fill those islands with lites,,roads..and bring the game alive..what say you all  !

Edited by VEYRON
  • Like 1

yeah,,just a suggestion for the future is all,,and i travelled but without a map, i had no clue what i was doing,,and i logged out my ship in open sea where it cud never be found as i had no clue also,,but when i logged back in,,i had been sent to a unknown port, and my privateer was gone!! thought we cud log out in open sea?

Volcanoes erupting all over the place? That would go perfectly in line with a fleet of attacking aliens! Can you imagine that? Armada compromised of fleets from different nations, all working together in last ditch effort to stop the reape... uhm... aliens, cannonballs bouncing hopelessly off the metallic hulls, lazers everywhere! Sweeeeet...!

• Like 3

I dont like the idea of volcanoes but I do agree that the world could be worked on adding more detail. That is however I guess further down the development road and first they probably focus on the core game play functioning. 

Textures on the harbors. ..the harbors looking more like the promo art picture released some time ago with small cottages, roads going inland to smaller villages etc... Maybe small fishing villages closer to the major ports  with small AI fishing boats.. Sea birds etc. All this will I guess also be a question of balance between what looks nice and what will be to heavy for most computers to get at least a few frames per second.

regards

KM

yeah,,just a suggestion for the future is all,,and i travelled but without a map, i had no clue what i was doing,,and i logged out my ship in open sea where it cud never be found as i had no clue also,,but when i logged back in,,i had been sent to a unknown port, and my privateer was gone!! thought we cud log out in open sea?

You ship stay in place for 10minuttes. If attacked by anything the ship is surrenders.

You ship stay in place for 10minuttes. If attacked by anything the ship is surrenders.

I hope they reduce that, sometimes I need small breaks in this game(toilet and other things), it's annoying to get back teleported home without a ship and loose some money or get sunk in an instance...

• 1 year later...

I know this has been brought up before, would like to see different city types in the Open world, each nation should have their own city type.  Would also like to see cites grow or diminish on traffic from the players, outposts and buildings, I would say a monthly thing where the cities grow.  Towns would grow from a small outpost to a large city, or reduce from a city to an outpost, if activity moves away.  This would be a visual clue in the open world if it is a good area to attempt to hunt in or has little to no activity.  Using this you may want to add increases for city growth like production % increases or decreases. 

Lighthouses, would be wonderful but maybe very hard to do in open world, If they do come in, I would think they would be a guild thing.  As with real world, very expensive to build but once constructed the port has a tax on all shipping.  May also be some kind of tie in with city growth from above. Maybe building a Light house is what opens the forts/towers up to be claimable.

Due to reworking that light houses may cause and that they may never come in, I would say make Forts and Towers claimable by guilds. I believe they can be captured already in PB's, I would say have an officer/officers assigned to the fortifications, like we do with ships now. Instead of attempting to re-balance all the current fortifications now.  Leave them as they are and make the players/clans improve them.  Towers would be for smaller guilds (rich single players??) and require maybe a couple of officers.  Forts for large guilds and require more officers/resources.  If there is a banner/flag system coming for the ships, this could also be used to make guild towers/forts pretty and unique. I could see this tie into the growth model for the city, also a city may have to be a certain size to have the towers/forts claimable.

Know how these things usually go, stupid wall of text, just felt I needed to put my two cents out.  Thanks for your time, hope you didn’t lose too many brain cells reading this. Oh and I would rather necro a thread instead of creating another thread on a much discussed topic.

• Like 1