Game-Labs Forum

Booyaah's One Google Map to rule them all !!

10 July 1800, HMS George, Port Howe

To the King's Royal Surveyor,

While taking on provisions and fresh water in the Bahamas, I saw fit to survey some lesser known islands.  The following measurements can be confirmed:

Little Inagua - Pirate - Deep - X:218320.3   Z:193292.7

Blondel Cay (formerly Ambergris Cay) Pirate - Shallow - X:277856.3    Z:169188.3

Atwood - Pirate - Deep - X:194384.9    Z:268216.9

Watling - Pirate - Shallow - X:153535.2    Z:300416.2

I fear the area will need a great deal more work as many of our current charts are incorrect.

Yr. Obt. Svt.    

ty Jack, I have updated all 4 port's coords and changed the name of Atwood to Blondel Cay and gave you credit.

Booyaah,

As your map has become the standard working map at this point, would it be possible or desirable to extend the X and Z axis lines across the map thus creating our own lines of lat. and long. ?  If this is possible, would they be able to be seen at all magnifications?  Just a thought.  And thank you for all the effort you've put in to this project.

Dean   

Booyaah,

As your map has become the standard working map at this point, would it be possible or desirable to extend the X and Z axis lines across the map thus creating our own lines of lat. and long. ?  If this is possible, would they be able to be seen at all magnifications?  Just a thought.  And thank you for all the effort you've put in to this project.

Dean   

It wouldn't be perfect, but it might work.  Map projection means it won't exactly line up.  For that, you have to create your own projection instead of going off google map's projection (a variant of Mercator).  I think some areas might be distorted but without trying to line up an actual grid on google maps I don't know how much.

I extended a few lines, I tried to keep the lines proper relative to port coords, you guys give it a few days and let me know if you want me to revert it or do it with the rest of the lines...

As was mentioned before, the game map is based off historical maps not google satellite maps, so it is hard to line everything up perfectly...

Baxo nuevo is named Bone Cay now. I was there 4 days ago.

Pedro Cay coordinates are: 18957x -24862z

Placer is Deep now.

Tiburon (french west of Haiti): 155382x 38746z

Azua (spanish in south center Santo domingo): 325963x 42714z

Hi guys, I have heard the feedback some have sent me and if you see a port you want listed please make a post in this thread instead of PM'ing me because I will forget to add it later when I actually have time.  Having all the updates in on a single page on this thread is a lot more convenient for me.  

I work full time and have RL stuff obviously, so sometimes I do not have the time to make updates until the weekend...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...