Game-Labs Forum

Booyaah's One Google Map to rule them all !!

Looking for someone who is fairly active in the Bahamas to keep up that portion of the map...if interested send me a forum PM.  Also guys you need to include screenshots when you discover new ports plz, thx.

Edited by Booyaah

Sailed from Vermiou in Lousiana to Victoria at the base of the Yucatan peninsula. Found a couple of new nbeutral ports:

• Tordo (neutral) Deep, x: -800801.5, z: 243775.7
  • Bernal (neutral) Deep, x: -754014.3, z: 84331.5 (location should be checked)

Also, Corrected Tuspa to Tuspan on the chart.

Found a litte gem out in nowhere.

- Aves

- Isla Aves is the real name of this stretch of land/rock

0dTLNkm.jpg?1

And here is where it is on the great map.

eFd9fOk.jpg?1

Edited by Ponk

Can anyone confirm that I placed the following ports in the correct location, and give me coords if you pass them?

1) Azua - Spanish - South West of Santa Domingo

2) Jobe - Neutral - South of Santa Lucia, FL - confirmed saw powdernhorn's post

3) Rio Seco - Neutral - North of Miami, FL

4) Vacas - Neutral - South of Islamorda in the Florida Keys

5) Sunbury, GA - U.S. Port - Right north of Brunswick

6) Was Great Isaac Cay (pirate) name changed to Bimini?

Also added Aves, nice find Ponk.

Thanks.

Edited by Booyaah

As i said in other post a few days ago, Great Isaac cay was changed to Bimini (pirates) AND changed more north in Bimini island. -45574 375500 Shallow before last patch.

Azua is in the bottom of the bay at west of Baní. 325963 42714

Vacas is in -131670 337482 Was shallow before this patch, now I don't know.

Jobe and Rio Seco are new and I don't travel there yet.

Damn, someone found Aves.  I'm not sure why you would reveal that port.  Barely anyone knew about it.  It was a good place to hide if enemy activity is high.

He was not the first who found it.

Or the other remote islands ;)

Damn, someone found Aves.  I'm not sure why you would reveal that port.  Barely anyone knew about it.  It was a good place to hide if enemy activity is high.

Well I didn't know it was found and I kinda liked the feeling of believing that I had discovered something unknown.

Edited by Ponk

10 July 1800, HMS George, Port Howe

To the King's Royal Surveyor,

While taking on provisions and fresh water in the Bahamas, I saw fit to survey some lesser known islands.  The following measurements can be confirmed:

Little Inagua - Pirate - Deep - X:218320.3   Z:193292.7

Blondel Cay (formerly Ambergris Cay) Pirate - Shallow - X:277856.3    Z:169188.3

Atwood - Pirate - Deep - X:194384.9    Z:268216.9

Watling - Pirate - Shallow - X:153535.2    Z:300416.2

I fear the area will need a great deal more work as many of our current charts are incorrect.

Yr. Obt. Svt.    

Edited by Jack Redmen

Le Moule on Guadeloupe is a Pirate Harbor, its marked as a Neutral on the map

Yep changed to a Pirate Port. It has been neutral since maybe 3 days ago though.

Just noticed; the map sais that Cano Macareo is a shallow Port but ingame it's a deepwater one.

Edited by Capt. W. Laurence

Le Moule has been marked as a pirate harbor, if you are not seeing that, then you are using an old link.  I also filled in the coords for Island Harbor as well.  As far as those 4 Bahamas ports, I will need screenshots or you'll just have to wait for someone to verify.

Hugo, I doubt many US players have sailed north of Brunswick :P

Edited by Booyaah

Booyaah, I have coordinates of many ports pre-last patch, but I am not willing to take the boring process of upload files at photobucked and put here basicaly because I can write it here faster... and, if I would want deceive, I can edit the coordinates in screenshot anyway... but if you don'y trust in my word, I can maintain in my personal knowledge. No problem.

And for the shallow or deep water ports... most shallow waters ports are now deep since last patch.

Sig - sent you a PM.  btw I don't think you need to go through the hassle to upload to a 3rd party first.  There is a picture attach button, you can attach from your machine directly in the post.

I guess I can be a little bit more lax on my requirements.  I assume if ppl report incorrect things here, ppl will dispute it later anyways.  Then I would need a screenshot to resolve the dispute.

So given that, probably the easiest way to provide new map info is to just update the community map with the updated ports and coords,

Then just make a post saying 'update these ports from the community map' with a list of port name/factions and then I will 'copy' the port info over from the community map to the main map.

Edited by Booyaah