Game-Labs Forum

Booyaah's One Google Map to rule them all !!

Was Heading to the Triangles and ran across this today (8/10/2015).  Couldn't find a spanish port by this name so I'll put this here.  Baxo Nuevo, located WSW of Arenas.  Being French, I couldn't enter to check what is produced there.  Also Triangle appears to be more southerly than what is represented on map.

map_zpsiwzjwqcc.png

10-08-2015_20-06-27_zpswwzwcop5.png

Baxo%20Nuevo%20coords_zpsorinm7ka.png

Edited by Grottski

Champton, the actual port is Champoton, a little further S.  That one is already on the map.

Chinchorro, the map has two of these.  The neutral one is more correct.

Cubitas, is now La Guanaja

Great Isaac Cay,  ** No longer there

Petit Goave ** No longer there

I've finished comparing the KML file to the port list we have over at  tdamap.com, and they correspond in names and in number.   (I didn't compare depth and nationality)

With the corrections in my last post, and one more (*), the two sets agree on 341 ports.    Excepting any un-discovered or un-reported ones.   The data for the two sets was collected and reported independently by two different sets of contributors, so I'm pretty pleased with the matching results!

(*) Arkan is no longer a port S. of Aransas.   There is a waterway behind the barrier islands, but no ports in there other than Esteros (aptly named!) at the entrance.

• Like 1

Last I counted I had 355 ports, doesn't look like you listed 14 corrections so still wondering on that difference, but anyways thanks for the update.  I'm sure our maps will get butchered with the upcoming data wipe! ><

• 2 weeks later...

Coordinates for Isla del Coco: -431300/-571400. Represented by NA as 2 islands as shown in the attached image.

I couldn't attach the second image because 17k was "too large".  The warning said 33k was the largest. What the heck? How do folks attach high resolution images???

post-8472-0-32045400-1441044530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hugo Leopard

• 2 weeks later...