Game-Labs Forum

Black Sails

CompassRose

Season 2 is pretty enjoyable for all those struggling with the first. Vanes actors voice bothers the hell out of me though, sounds like he needs to cough. Since it's generally accepted Flint ends up in bad positions, I can see the same happening in Charles town/ton.

have seen it it's awesome so glad that they continued it in to the 2 season hopefully it will have many more seasons ;)

it has at least 1 more season all ready booked. but talk was grim after season 1 and it was lucky to get the call back for 2 seasons.

so i'm guessing unless it does really well in the next 2 episodes( 2nd to last and last episode of the season) and next season, it will stop at 3 seasons.

I kinda hope it doesn't go longer than 3 seasons, most shows just can't keep things good that long.

Exception being Game of Thrones.... but they have amazing books to go off of. And The Walking Dead, it's based on comics. But usually standalone written shows can't go 4 seasons and keep things crispy.

Edited by Devante del Nero

Season 2 is pretty enjoyable for all those struggling with the first. Vanes actors voice bothers the hell out of me though, sounds like he needs to cough. Since it's generally accepted Flint ends up in bad positions, I can see the same happening in Charles town/ton.

That cant hold forever if they follow the book at all, Flint will come into a ton of gold and I dont thik that will be from winning the Carolina lottery.  Flint and his crew end up in bad positions but they have literary immunity from complete disaster while our historical pirates shoud eventually get slaughtered to a man.

That cant hold forever if they follow the book at all, Flint will come into a ton of gold and I dont thik that will be from winning the Carolina lottery.  Flint and his crew end up in bad positions but they have literary immunity from complete disaster while our historical pirates shoud eventually get slaughtered to a man.

Oh I can well believe they do, and I enjoy seeing the situation to get out of them. I must admit I don't have much knowledge of the book just the era so I'm just going on an episode by episode basis. Still, enjoying it thus far.

Loving Black Sails, only seen S02E04 so far and by reading through this thread I didn't know that Black Sails is a prequel to Treasure Island. For sure I gotta read that book now ^_^

Must catch-up quickly to see the season finale.

Edited by Icki

Ok - I have to vent about the Charleston harbor scenes (Ep.8 I think?). Anybody notice something odd about the "patrol ships"?

Not only are they designs from a much later period than the setting of the show (1715 ish), but they appear to have forgotten to put their ballast in and look as if they are riding on top of the water rather than in it!!  Odd considering every other ship in the show looks to be patterned after late 17th century galleons (loosely of course).

Worse that Saxon cavalry wearing 16th century Spanish burgonets in  "Vikings"!

BTW - I think there is some confusion over Lady Hamilton as the one made famous through Nelson wasn't born yet. Not saying there may not be a historical basis for the one in the show though.

You're right about the Charleston "patrol boats" (who patrols an inner harbor lol).

The CGI has become totally worthless in this season. Like there's no one left on the staff who has even sailed a yacht. They just have the one nerd who they send emails to when they have questions about disabling a ship's rigging.

You're right about the Charleston "patrol boats" (who patrols an inner harbor lol).

The CGI has become totally worthless in this season. Like there's no one left on the staff who has even sailed a yacht. They just have the one nerd who they send emails to when they have questions about disabling a ship's rigging.

Computer nerds don't get out and sail!

Wait a minute... err, nevermind.

• Like 2

Ok - I have to vent about the Charleston harbor scenes (Ep.8 I think?). Anybody notice something odd about the "patrol ships"?

Not only are they designs from a much later period than the setting of the show (1715 ish), but they appear to have forgotten to put their ballast in and look as if they are riding on top of the water rather than in it!!  Odd considering every other ship in the show looks to be patterned after late 17th century galleons (loosely of course).

Worse that Saxon cavalry wearing 16th century Spanish burgonets in  "Vikings"!

BTW - I think there is some confusion over Lady Hamilton as the one made famous through Nelson wasn't born yet. Not saying there may not be a historical basis for the one in the show though.

They don't actually shoot in the ocean. The ships are on the ground on wheels and behind a green screen. Sorry to ruin it :P

Edited by JackFreedom

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Serie has now ended, nice to see Mary Read appear.

Overall it was ok, nothing great.

I probably enjoyed it less than i could simply because i had a general idea of what would happen and of a lot of the stuff that was wrong thought. Spoils part of the fun.

Also i always imagined all those captains very differently.

I did however really enjoy all the links to History, no matter how twisted and wrong, and all the links to Robert Louis Stevenson.

giphy.gif

The good news is that if you haven't seen t yet you can now watch all the episodes without having to wait for the next one.

I was very disappointed at the ending. I guess every female lead being gay/bi wasnt enough so they had to dig up the gay captain flint story as a final middle fingure to everyone who raged in season 2 when they made him gay but then after backlash never mentioned it again.

I guess for a story to get awards 100% of the people in it must be gay . Game of thrones is the same way. Every female is bi/gay and half the men are too. Wierd that less than 2% of the population makes up about 90% of tv shows now.

I will say im glad that it ended with Calico Jack sailing out. Him and Anne Bonnie where always my favorite pirates of that time.

29 minutes ago, maturin said:

Yeah, because every pirate movie or TV show before Black Sails has had gay characters in it. 

/rolleyes

What a predictable complaint, coming from you.

Percentage of gay/bi women is waaaaaaay more than 2%, by the way.

Like allways you have ZERO idea what you're talking about. You can use all the hyper inflanted numbers you want from whatever skewed poles you want but what i find odd is every since YOU found out my ethnicity YOU who areban OBVIOUS bigot attack me any time you come.

Onlyba BIGOT like you would say say " predictable from you" why don't you just call me thename youwant to boy.

Only you could find error and attack someone who says it's wirrd that 100% of the female leads and 25% of the male leads are gay.

Shows who you are 

Edited by Mrdoomed

Keep personal related assumptions in check.

Do not post something that you are sure will fire back.

The TV Show is not your classic puritan victorian era swashbuckling story that adorned our imaginations since we read the Treasure Island for the first time.

• Like 1