Game-Labs Forum

multiplayer - accessing steam

davidgcox

hey there.  been playing multiplayer a lot and really enjoying it (however, sometimes i get a frozen screen and have to quit the game.  sorry guys if that's happened to you).

anyway, how do i access steam while playing multiplayer?  i have had some opponents send me a message during the game (like "a valiant defeat" from a yankee who beat me) but i can't seem to find out how to do that myself.  i play in windowed mode because of the screen freezes.

any advice on what to do?  thanks.

hey there.  been playing multiplayer a lot and really enjoying it (however, sometimes i get a frozen screen and have to quit the game.  sorry guys if that's happened to you).

anyway, how do i access steam while playing multiplayer?  i have had some opponents send me a message during the game (like "a valiant defeat" from a yankee who beat me) but i can't seem to find out how to do that myself.  i play in windowed mode because of the screen freezes.

any advice on what to do?  thanks.

I have the same issue with not being able to access steam while in multiplayer. But there is a answer. When you start the game start a Single Player game. Then once the title screen has appeared click Multiplayer. For some reason clicking Single Player first then clicking multiplayer allows me to use steam while in UG:G.Then to access steam press Tab and Shift at same time to access steam.

Also I have issues with screen freezes but I discovered a solution for that too. When ever my screen freezes I press Control , Alt, Delete. That brings up the Task Manager. I then Click the Ultimate General Icon on the tool bar and wah-la it fixes my frozen screen. Hope these work for you.

• Like 1

thanks guys.  i will try again to enable the steam overlay, which i think i have done but will check again.

reb blunt, i have a mac.  not sure that has worked for me in the past for the frozen screen issue.  tried with no success.