Game-Labs Forum

Every sea battle = freeze and crash to desktop

Yarev

The title says it all in every battle I am experiencing a freeze and than CTD. It is very frustrating and I cant find a solution. My rig ( Intel 4670k, Gtx 770, 8 Gb ram, OS win7(64-bit).

My graphics driver is up to date(350.12) so I really run out of options to find out whats wrong.

To make matters worse it happens three or four times in a single battle (usually in a crucial moment). When the CTD happens I can still hear the sound from the game(like pressing Alt+Tab) but I'm unable to get back there, so I have to close the game, start the login in and it reconnects me to my battle (which is the only reason I still try to play that game).

So if anyone can help me find a solution to my problem I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Yarev
  • Like 2

is it happening in the sea trials or open world?

After every crash please report crash using the radio button that is available before launching the game.

Double click on the game name in your library

And instead of play naval action choose the radio button Report Crash

I can confirm this is happening a lot past 2 days, especially last night.

When someone joins a battle that has been ongoing for at least a few minutes it will either CTD, freeze and kick people back to port (with a loss of ship or durability) or kick back to OW. 

There were about 15 of us last night in a close area together, 3-4 battles at a time, over a period of about 8 hours, we were able to determine this is the pattern. I saw others talking about it in the global chat. Being on TS we were able to mitigate the issue by all of us going the battle at once and if one didn't make it in, we treated the battle as locked for anyone else.

When it didn't crash you would experience a 'rubber band' lag spike as someone joined a battle, so that is definitely the trigger for the crashes.

I know several f11's were sent right after each incident happened.

I've had this happen as well. It seems that if everyone joins a battle within the first few moments it's fine. However, if someone joins the battle after it's been going for a while it freezes and kicks everyone out. You are returned to the open sea as you were before the battle started and get no credit for xp or gold. This has only been an issue the past day or two but it is definitely a massive issue right now.

Hi again I've reported my problem and still no one has answered me or contact in any way

So can anyone tell me what else should I try to get rid of this?

report crashes by using the sub menu before launching the game from steam. (Not in game - because your logs are overwritten then) but after a crash

double click on the game name in Steam - and instead of launching the game use Report Crash option.

I haven't noticed a patch for sea trials in a long time so I doubt anything new is making the game unstable.

Event viewer should give you an insight into the cause of your crash.

Control panel > Admin tools > event viewer 

As mentioned earlier if it was stable previously something you have installed recently may be causing the issue. Possibly graphics drivers., try rolling them back.

A few other things you may wish to try:

• Check the temperature of your graphics card, overheating can cause instability.
  • Try reducing the graphics quality using game options
  • Switch your graphics card to performance over quality.
Edited by BustyLove

It was never stable, since I installed the game I always had freezes.

I tried to reduce graphics quality but didn't help.

I will try older gpu driver and see how it goes.

Thanks

It was never stable, since I installed the game I always had freezes.

I tried to reduce graphics quality but didn't help.

I will try older gpu driver and see how it goes.

Thanks

"NVStream" & "Nvidia HD audio" cause problems often, might be worth killing those in task manager and seeing if that helps.

Have you noticed anything specific that triggers the issue?..

Edited by BustyLove

I have tried different gpu drivers but didn't help

Reinstalled the game = same shit

I also checked gpu temp- ok

Every time I get this freeze/ctd I have a massage display driver 352.86 stopped responding and successfully recovered  (what is successful about that I have no idea :(

I tried the event viewer and there was, amongst other things : display driver nvlddmkn stopped responding and successfully recovered

My internet security is Bullguard

I have not noticed anything specific that triggers the issue 

If you have any thoughts please share

I would try disabling antivirus temporarily to see if that fixes the issue.  Enable it again after you are done testing the game.  This only happens to Naval Action and no other game?  Have you tried setting the settings to the lowest possible when you start the game just to see if it starts without issue?

It seems like your graphics driver is crashing.  You aren't running shadow play (uses NVStream) or other video recording software are you?  I'm having troubles remembering what I have done in the past with the display driver crashing, I probably made sure I had the latest drivers.

I have exactly the same GFX Card... the current drivers are 352.86. However I recommend a clean reinstall of both the driver and GeForce Experience. 

Firstly uninstall GeForce Experience, then use DriverSweeper in 'Safe Mode' and uninstall your Nvidia drivers.

DriverSweeper

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html

Reinstall all again to the latest version.

I dont trust GeForce when it does a clean install of the latest drivers, so a good registry clean of the old drivers may be necessary.

Then come back to us.

• Like 2

Hi I browsed the web for a solution and found out an MSI Afterburner  can help. So I tried lowered my GPU core clock and memory clock by 100 and... HALLELUYA, it worked had 3 battles so far without any freezes or ctd

So Jesus loves me

Thank you gents for helping me I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Glad you found a 'cure' but I am concerned you may not have found the cause.... as I say I have the same card, run the same game and have no issues with the GTX 770. You shouldn't really have to tweak the Clock speed to run the card or game correctly.

I recommend you stress test your card with these new settings and see if it still causes any further issues.

• Like 2

Maybe its the GPU temp but don't know really, but the thing is I don't see any drop in frame rates when I lowered the core and memory clocks.

You need to test and monitor the card while under stress, temperature will be vital if you haven't monitored it before. Also check that both cooling fans operate and are not clogged with dust. Get back to us if you have any further issues.