Game-Labs Forum

Who Controlled what in 1763

Hey Prater,

I think the map suits the NA time period apart from America, but that is a gameplay choice as stated by the devs.  

Admin: USA is a semi-historical choice, but we believe it is necessary for gameplay purposes. This could be made more historical in the future (if revolution charters are implemented in game).

1763: Spain cedes Florida to England at end of the French and Indian War.

1783: Treaty of Paris ends American Revolutionary War. England cedes Florida to Spain

1821: Spain cedes Florida to United States.

I guess I could change the legend and colour of America to suit the game, but I’m sure all those testing will take that region as a given that’s it’s controlled by America ;)

I had read that 1763 was the Treaty of Paris and Spain cedes Florida to England but France cedes Louisiana to Spain in compensation for Spain's loses helping France.

In 1783 while American Revolucionary War, Spain reconquest Florida (and conquest New Providence too). and in 1803 Napoleon's France recovers Louisiana.

In 1823 Spain lose Florida to United States.

That map changes in 1783. That year Florida (and bahamas I think) and Mosquito coast are spanish again. England loses the 13 colonies and USA is created in that territory. Jamaica was the largest island that remains english and various other little islands of caribe.

In 1803 louisiana returns to France and soon after to United States.

Between 1810 and 1823 (I think) Spain loses all territories in continental North and Central and South America.

• Like 1

Hey Prater,

I think the map suits the NA time period apart from America, but that is a gameplay choice as stated by the devs.  

Admin: USA is a semi-historical choice, but we believe it is necessary for gameplay purposes. This could be made more historical in the future (if revolution charters are implemented in game).

1763: Spain cedes Florida to England at end of the French and Indian War.

1783: Treaty of Paris ends American Revolutionary War. England cedes Florida to Spain

1821: Spain cedes Florida to United States.

I guess I could change the legend and colour of America to suit the game, but I’m sure all those testing will take that region as a given that’s it’s controlled by America ;)

You are making maps. You've been to a lot of ports. Then you know the colors don't match up.

• Like 1

Im actually really concerned about the US. First, it is so far away that I fear US fleets will have to hunker down in far away neutral ports without any advantage of being close to their homeland. Second, it would be easy for the admins to choose to make the US just another one of the many neutral nations that will be available since the US was primarily a merchant nation not a military one in those days. Third, if the US is forced to capture a port far away from Charleston as a means of having a forward operating base so that they can get into the best of the fighting then the nation will be as hard as Sweden to play. That may not be the end of the world but where Sweden will probably have an unconquerable capital in the midst of the drama, the US will come and go as the nations remove the threat of the forward operating base forcing the US fleets to flip back and forth between distant front lines or being forced to move the majority of their line ships to it to protect it leaving their rear with little protection.

I guess it depends on how strong the US player base is and their ability to win fights but it could develop into the US simply fighting to maintain a place on the map close to the action and not so much about expanding their territory or conquering the map.

• Like 1

I think that if you are far from other competitors, you will be more easy begin to build a great empire in Bahamas, New Providence, Turks... without opposition.

You can create a big stronghold grouping all your forces in Key West zone for example where you can threat Cuba. Now you are not so far from action.

To have only one region (and far) to defend is more easy. And US also will have many more players  to defend so much smaller initial territory.

England have spread harbours all around the map but they will be the most populated faction. 

Now you can think about the poor Spain... so many and so spread colonies and so few ships to defend it... US no longer seems so hard to play true?

• Like 1

I think that if you are far from other competitors, you will be more easy begin to build a great empire in Bahamas, New Providence, Turks... without opposition.

You can create a big stronghold grouping all your forces in Key West zone for example where you can threat Cuba. Now you are not so far from action.

To have only one region (and far) to defend is more easy. And US also will have many more players  to defend so much smaller initial territory.

England have spread harbours all around the map but they will be the most populated faction. 

Now you can think about the poor Spain... so many and so spread colonies and so few ships to defend it... US no longer seems so hard to play true?

You make good points of course. I am also analyzing the US position from a pvp perspective. I want to be in the fights and not just quietly expanding my territory into regions that aren't contested. Spain has territory very close to the areas that will most likely see the most fighting, but they do have one big problem that will make it difficult for them and that is that they are so spread out. They could have major fronts with the Americans in the US, the brits in both Puerto Rico and cuba and the French down near port of Spain.

You can stay in fight. All your fleet go to Key West (for example) fighting pirates meanwhile other american players with more pacific interests made the colonizing work. Also there's many pirate harbours in that area I think, you will not bored and pirates will be more easy prey for a organizated navy until you reach Cuba, Jamaica...

If I was american player, It should be my prototype agenda. But as spanish player, based in the poll of nationalities, I don't know how the hell we will can be able maintain all our map in the fourth day of campaing...

I think the war of Cuba will happen to an advance of 100 years :(

P.S. You forget the 3 Dutch ports in Curacao islands that will attack the Spanish ports of Maracaibo and Caracas areas. Or the spanish ports that I guess exist in central america and Gulf of Mexico.

Edited by Siegfried