Game-Labs Forum
admin

Please post your major annoyances

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

He said traders, not pvp ships.

Indiaman, Trader snow and LGV are all traders... not pvp ships.  

that said, 

19 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Traders are perfectly capable pvpers. 

How? and indiaman vs 3 ships with that health you still had... did they just sit and not shoot at you?

If you have vids would love to watch them to get some tips

Edited by Reginulfr

19 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is a very inaccurate statement.  Yes an empty ship needs a certain amount of ballast IOT stabilise, but there is no way a fully loaded trader could sail faster than one which is sailing in ballast alone.  Sometimes the simplest answer is the most accurate.  More load = less speed.

Not inaccurate at all, Traders were often faster when loaded, what is inaccurate is the simplistic approach that more load meant lower speed. It might mean slower acceleration and deceleration but it actually often helped with top speed and there are records to show this.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, --Privateer-- said:

948C34A087576C600EDF36C399C166BE52F8C2C0FD0859A0A172916564BD8B2375FCD249652AC27216BF120C8F2E793B6B906E21C6289FA51CE6B0E7

Traders are perfectly capable pvpers. 

Your examples are fairly meaningless, anyone can dismast a trader with reasonable ease and I was not ever saying that they cant fight though against a halfway decent opponent you will lose. Your opponents obviously didn't try to dismast you and you dismasted them then raked them till you could board with relative ease. LGVs are especially easy to take down the masts on and I never made any statement that they couldn't fight the more so if they are tricked out to do so by boarding actions. I have no doubt this was a ploy on your part to sucker in newer players.The first fight is mostly impressive for the lack of competence on the part of your opposition. The next two were small or relatively equal ships.

Not being able to “sell” a basic cutter without getting rid of the cannons first. 

• Like 4

When I tell my fleet ships to retreat, and it says "can leave" but they don't leave, and then they get tagged again.

• Like 2