Game-Labs Forum
admin

Please post your major annoyances

1. Closed battles and battles I cannot join

Many occasions I'm sailing to the crossed swords only to realise that the battle is already closed or an epic fight I'm low level for.

Make it distinguishable from a distance what kind of battle it is.

2. Pirates as a nation.

Pirates have all the advantages of being a nation.

They should not have the same advantages like nations and should be more competitive to each other.

3. Disorientation.

When I come out of a battle/mission in open sea, I'm easily disorientated, same with loggin in after a few days when not close to a port or land.

Which is ok, it doesn't have to be too easy, but a little help trough unique landmarks, lighthouses or a mark when you came out of battle/log out would be nice.

1. Closed battles and battles I cannot join

Many occasions I'm sailing to the crossed swords only to realise that the battle is already closed or an epic fight I'm low level for.

Make it distinguishable from a distance what kind of battle it is.

2. Pirates as a nation.

Pirates have all the advantages of being a nation.

They should not have the same advantages like nations and should be more competitive to each other.

3. Disorientation.

When I come out of a battle/mission in open sea, I'm easily disorientated, same with loggin in after a few days when not close to a port or land.

Which is ok, it doesn't have to be too easy, but a little help trough unique landmarks, lighthouses or a mark when you came out of battle/log out would be nice.

1. Sure. Usually shows the Too Far Away when it should show Closed.

2. Well, nothing stops your nation from fighting all other nations, which is the biggest benefit of pirates. Given the pirate on pirate attacks in the OW will end in the near future I wonder what advantages you see in pirates other than being a pvp Paradise :)

3. You always come out of battle in the same position and direction as you entered. Only difference is wind direction.

S!

Enemy AI still has ships with bow and stern thrusters. not to mention ballistic cloth armor.

seriously, snows and brigs are turning so tightly, not to mention being able to stop in half a ship's length.

I understand I've yet to master all the intricacies of my digital frigate, but come on.

Bording: I think 3 nots is ok , when I see how gangs are able with "little" ships to push away a big one , so the big ship gets below 3 knots. maybe it should even be a lot lower because in real never a little ship would be unharmed in ramming a big one. most of those actions would lead to sink the small one.

very unrealistic and just helps chasing cowards in bigger groups feeling like a big men. the attacker should have at least a chance to defend, but since you have to load canons in the beggining of a battle the game is already done in the first couple minutes.

the marines are also highly overrated right now. a ship with 200 guys finished up a ship with 400 guys in less than 5 minutes (see link) , completly ridiculous unless you would give them 20th century Kalashnikovs.

so all in all I personally think the bording is not adjusted to the gameplay, because otherwise I could shoot with my improvements non stop and every ship under 200 yards would sink before it even got to me , that is if my powermonkeys and other improvements would be as effectiv as the marines.

there needs to be a revision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVdwLMU2Ges

Some Observations.

1.Sailing time to missions is simply too long

2.Crafting leveling is nothing more than a chore but is required especially with another wipe imminent. Level 35 for high Grade Notes is simply too much for most.

3.Gathering resources from mines costs too many crafting hours.

4.Sell third rates for players who have none in their inventory, the current system ensures it is all but impossible to get one even though clan crafting due to the cost of high grade notes.

5.AI are turning randomly in battle and causing major problems. Friendly AI should be able to be controlled by the senior ship in the game ior allocated to everyone on a one fleet basis to assist each ship

6. Merge PVP2 and PVP1

7. Production buildings should increase with leveling of Crafting from 5 to up to seven i.e Level 1-20 five , Level 20-30 6, Level 30 and above 7.

Edited by BallsOfSteel

1) The amount of first rates in port battles.

2) Sailing time to missions.

3) Community is scattered across 4 servers. 

4) Pirates as a nation.

I don't like the visual effect of the small white circle around an enemy when you select him in OW (left-click).

(the "lag compensation visual circle" introduced in patch 9.7 ?)

It quite breaks the immersion and is useless at long/medium range. 

I'd rather have either :

- the option to turn it off/on (as the distance becomes known)

- or have it appear dimly-lit at medium range and progressively lighting up when approaching at closer range.

Renommée / trincomalee / some constitution is all I seem to see from PVP players in OW.

Speed disparity and taging system makes a meta game where a lot of ships are almost useless for PVP, or at least far less competitive

It ruins immersion in my opinion, diversity being the key of a balanced environment.

Edited by trinkof
  • Like 1

1. Open world rules of engagement ever since positional reinforcements has handed all the cards to the gank squad.

2. Disengagement and leaving the battle being purely based on having been damaged in 2 minutes. This forces pure pursuit and does not let ships use sailing advantages to force engagements. Needs to be distance and if the distance is increasing for a specific amount of time.

3. Mechanics being exploited in a loophole fashion that is against the intent that is left indefinitely in game until a 'nebulous' overhaul time. A quick band aid fix sometimes is needed. Such as turning off the ability for nations to engage their own players for one specific loophole. There are many more of course. Such as how compass wood trade cannot be intended and has destroyed both trade and resource production aspects of the game. etc.

• Like 1

1. being albe to logout/force close in Afterbattlescreen to escape from followers (imo if you do it you should be placed in OW and automatically logged out after like 3min incase you force closed your game)

2. no spy glass in OW

3. wind directions in normal battles dont change, it would be nice if the wind would change direction like it does in OW.

1. Open world rules of engagement ever since positional reinforcements has handed all the cards to the gank squad.

2. Disengagement and leaving the battle being purely based on having been damaged in 2 minutes. This forces pure pursuit and does not let ships use sailing advantages to force engagements. Needs to be distance and if the distance is increasing for a specific amount of time.

3. Mechanics being exploited in a loophole fashion that is against the intent that is left indefinitely in game until a 'nebulous' overhaul time. A quick band aid fix sometimes is needed. Such as turning off the ability for nations to engage their own players for one specific loophole. There are many more of course. Such as how compass wood trade cannot be intended and has destroyed both trade and resource production aspects of the game. etc.

Agree you should be able to join a battle on the side being outnumbered if they are from your nation for the duration of the battle to simulate real reinforcements arriving and allow for those outnumbered in battle to have a sliver of hope and fight accordingly.

Edited by BallsOfSteel

1) Disallow acquisition of a Freeport within enemies controlled waters, that a player is "Dumped to" after loss in a battle. (for all: Pirates/enemy combatants). 

2) Disallow Freeport ownage - in "former" Nations controlled waters (IE a Freeport closer to the former Nations ports than any other nations), for players who "turn Pirate", until they first visit the Pirate Capital, after their transition. This could be considered Banishment or Exile .. don't care.. as long as they don't have free access to areas near the former Nations capital or deep in the former nations waters, at the get-go.

Just tired of the concept of the "No-win scenario" for the Controlling Nations, if a Pirate or enemy combatant comes in and just scraps with someone... with the intent of win/loss doesn't matter, as long as they end up at a Freeport inside the enemies territory. To wit, all they have to do now is buy the permit (if not already purchased prior to) and set up the outpost. Then simply transfer ships to that location via the teleport by capture option, and now they have a fleet at the ready deep within enemy waters!

3) Major annoyances -- ok, Wusses who bring BOT's/AI's into the MAIN PVP event of the game - Port Battles!!! If I want to fight a bot.. I will tag one in OW, or go to the PVE. I don't care to fight one (or 20, in a stupid shallow water PB) because my adversary is too WUSSED to just stand alone.

- got into 1-2 PB's (shallow water) and the sissy pirates brought 10+ Fleet cutters to battle with them -- Freaking LAME BUTT crap! Come alone, or stay home! Wanna play with AI's go to the PVE server! PVP is evidently too challenging for you still!

**  There should be a filter when entering PB's, that kicks your Fleet cutter (or AI's) back to your port upon entry to the battle. Or disallows you to enter, until you ditch them. PB's should be for PVP players only!!! (Except for the towers, if they are still a apart of it -- but that's it!)

Edited by yankyaeger

I do feel damage model is too difficult.  I will be back once it is changed

I also feel that trading has been ruined now that ports stop buying.  I sailed the whole southern Caribbean and Yucatan and could not find buyers for multiple goods.  Devs took away the compass wood boon but now I can't sell anything.  Maybe Im doing it wrong.

I feel that SOLS are too strong for fun game play.  Not everyone can devote countless hours for battles and learning how to perfectly rake opponents.  Its tough to find the balance for the hard core and casual player.  I believe the last damage model was better balanced.

I want to play a fun game that is challenging but not impossible.  Historical accuracy is important but may be second place in some details. I would prefer most of the action be nation on nation with occasional pirate shallow port captures and extensive commerce raids.  Pirates should not sail SOLS and should not take large ports.  

I fear that there are so many people forgetting this game is still in development that they are getting frustrated by the "rule Changes".  Perhaps Devs should have admitted fewer testers until full release.  I bet many will come back after full release.

When is full release?

Main annoyances in the game. June 2016.

1. Port battles everyday...boring and lack of historical view. Realistic game ¿?

2. Boarding ships engine  it´s slowly and very boring as well.

3. Lack of good missions. Current missions are very very boring and it´s the only way to grow in experience. Patetic.

4. Trade is boring and lack of skills to make money.

5. Be  a  ship crafter is complicated, difficult and boring as well.

Please, DEV´S... try to do something to enjoy a little bit more. Do more big battles with humans, and no more Port Battles please...

Thanks for your best work.

• Like 1

pirate as state is ruining OW playing. Would understand they looting cites, but now they can hold ½ map as state. Do something or this great game are going to be destroyed in it.

Some way amnesty to pirates who would like to get back.

• Like 4

I play on PVE server so I like the game to be as historical as possible.

I would like to see AI fleets composed of a more historical makeup.

ie: French fleets have French ships, British fleets British ships etc.

Also force sizes more realistic.. For instance there was 1 Santissima Trinidad.

Seeing a fleet with 3 or 4 of them spoils the fun a bit for me - especially if its a British fleet I'm looking at.

I know this could not be done on PVP servers but PVE players I suspect are in it more for historical accuracy.

Other than that loving the game :)

• Like 3

hi all point

9. a good gridded map with a compass needle on it

10 .a road map for the game

11.i can not take a screenshot in the telescoop in OW

12.i cant make/train marines in a building,and other stuff aswell

13. NO Dutch ships in the game My biggest annoyance atm (are the dutch the Chinese of the past? (bloody hell no)

14. pirate who are sailing S O L  s (did they have access to the treasury of the nation ?)

15 sailing time against the wind to a mission  solved

16. lh are a issue for me ..i can not hire labor hours in a port (are all the foreigners lazy bastards?)

ps i love the birds ,they are great..

perhaps on the main lands some pirate parrots flying around ans some monkeys in the trees :) or little shads on the beaches

Edited by Thonys

1) I've been trying to sail out of port for a Mission, but everytime I try over 30 mins, there is a STORM raging outside with very poor visibility. Storms are fine and fun... for 5 minutes. After that, they effect PLAYABILITY.

2) On approaching Deep Water Ports, I find that there are innumerable SHALLOWS that are very time-consuming and fiddly to get around. Are not DEEP WATER ports meant to be just that, DEEP water ports?

• Like 1

1. Port battles frequency is ridiculous, but I think we all know that

2. What happened to storm instances?

3. Why give us the spyglass on open world while taking away the far draw distances of ships? The close range pop in defeats the purpose of the spyglass.

• Like 1

Must agree to "are you sure?" when converting fish to fish meat.

Can't get the camera position down on the deck in the OW.  Want bow and helm positions.

Can't close gun ports in the OW.

Can't attack Smugglers on the PVE server.

My 2 cents. (Based only on PvE)

1) Sail time - Its just silly to sit, for 2-3 4 real time hours, doing NADA, Maybe an option to speed up time, perhaps at the cost of not being able to fish?

2) Storms - i sailed for 9 Game days to get to a wreck, when i finally got to the general area, a massive storm broke out, visibility was |---| that much (to scale), so i parked my boat, and waited, aaand waited.. 32(!) game days later, i gave up. 

3) Wind - STOP SPINNING! uhm, trade winds, ring a bell?

4) Aiming cannons 1 - how can i shoot at a boat that 40% of the time, looks like a submarine. Several times against Trader Cutters and Trander Lynx, only the cabin and abowe is out of the water.

5) Aiming Cannons 2 - if i get to close to a target, and fire, i get 0 hit at all, not hull, sail, like the balls pass right through, doing no damage, but i still see splinters exploding left and right?

6) Aiming Cannons 3 - now this may just be my lack of experience, if so, pardon my noob, but using Long cannons i have a very hard time, getting the distance i think i should. i aim, and fire 1 shot, to check, then fire all, yet they seem to land nowhere near the first shot.

7) Port Access - Some port are almost impossible to enter/exit, due to the VERY narrow channel, and sometimes combined with the wind head on.. Beaufort comes to mind.

8) Tutorial - i started playing recently, and DAMN this game has a VERY steap learning curve. no tutorial, nothing, only a chat, where other players help out most of the time. 

9) Servers - i have NEVER heard of any online game, that shuts down all servers, every damn day, for anywhere from 1-2 hours and up to 3-4 hours, now i do understand you do maintanense, on em, updates and such, but surely, this can be done in a better way?

10) Servers 2 - The lack of a EU PvE server. or even an alternate US PvE, Personally i get ping times from mid 90ms to 150ms.

11) Servers 3 - How about Player hosted servers? 

12) Bug rapports - When i submit a bug rapport, can i expect some sort of reply on it? if so, how? when?

13) Trading - This REALLY needs an overhaul, its VERY hard, if not impossible, to make a profit large enough to justify the trips (see 1^^)

14) Trading 2 - The Mafia.. i noticed that at most bigger ports, there are sell contracts on all the usefull/hard-to-get stuff, at really insane prices, even sometimes items thats produced in the port, every time an ammount gets released at the low price, a few guys horde it, and jack up prices.

15) Sail time 2 - Can you please disable the 'kicked from server due to being inactive' when the ship is sailing at full speed, would be nice to point ship in the general direction, and be able to do the dishes, while waiting.

better stop now.. sorry for the long post :-)

/wazzah

4 real time hours is enough time to go from the SW gulf of mexico to the eastern tip of Haiti, NE side. Maybe even further and porting on the antilles. Glad you made that voyage :) and hope you stopped along the way.

1. Shallows that make difficult to enter in a deep port example: Baja

Agreed 100% - how are these shallows fun? I get if you want to limit shallow water ports to smaller vessels, but I just spent 5 minutes trying to get into Montego Bay (which is deep water) and there are just better things to do in life than spend 5 mins twisting your ship around to try to get through some invisible sandbar path. Definitely an error in judging the smart line between fun and realism in my opinion.

Playing PVE server.

1. The wind Changes, it ticks as a Clock counterclockwise. Use a realweatherprofile with different windspeeds, weather Changes etc. Why not a realworld wheather metar spanning over a year for the region.

2. Fixed pricing, so easy making gold now with no risk loosing anything.

3. Ai fleet from other nations not attacking players, AI Pirates not doing any Pirating.

Basicly PVE server need some more challanges and risks built into it. As now it's a peacfully non challenge trading Community. No I'm not enjoying PVP.