Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Please post your major annoyances

Recommended Posts

Make all neutral ports drop a certain ammount of repairs and rum (even for high prices). Now we must have distant bases to find enemy shipping and nobody wants to haul reps arround 2/3 of the map. When you use up your reps your time spent in OW is limited, because you have to go back for repairs after every combat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Porpoise said:

Make all neutral ports drop a certain ammount of repairs and rum (even for high prices). Now we must have distant bases to find enemy shipping and nobody wants to haul reps arround 2/3 of the map. When you use up your reps your time spent in OW is limited, because you have to go back for repairs after every combat. 

I wonder: what would happen if we could teleport ships WITH REPAIRS IN THE HOLD? That single change could greatly increase PvP, as we could get our better PvP ships to 'hot zones' where we had outposts nearby, without the need to ship in repairs to that outpost. Just an idea that I think would produce more content....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Preechur Blackheart said:

I wonder: what would happen if we could teleport ships WITH REPAIRS IN THE HOLD? That single change could greatly increase PvP, as we could get our better PvP ships to 'hot zones' where we had outposts nearby, without the need to ship in repairs to that outpost. Just an idea that I think would produce more content....

All capitals and free ports selling all basic repairs would be even simpler and make a lot of sense imho. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

All capitals do. But free market allows players to buy them bulk and resell.

I

 

17 hours ago, Draymoor said:

All capitals and free ports selling all basic repairs would be even simpler and make a lot of sense imho. 

If we want to maximize PvP, letting us use our 1/day teleport to include reps in the hold would mean we could 1) craft our own reps and bring them with us and 2) not limit us to buying reps at capitals, or even free ports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repairs in supply at regional capital as well as national ports

Have ports that say they produce resources actually have them on the market at that port.    ( Pve server market is barren at pirate ports so to have just the basics as a solo player all my crafting buildings are taken up just on that)

Mission worked better when you could select rank to suit what you wanted aposed to having to travel around till you find what you need 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

All capitals do. But free market allows players to buy them bulk and resell.

All county capitals not just starting capitals. No one is doing it in several areas which limits activity in those areas. Maybe even all ports should, there's enough other things players can sell. 

Edited by Draymoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Draymoor said:

All county capitals not just starting capitals. No one is doing it in several areas which limits activity in those areas. Maybe even all ports should, there's enough other things players can sell. 

Ah that makes it more clear. In good truth Region Capitals ceased to be a thing really since region conquest and "tow to port" was tested to be to region capital only. Let's see the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see the noon position on the map, no gps-tracker showing the real position at any time, just the historical correct, once a day, noon position.

When sailing across the ocean without land in sight and changing the course due to the turning wind, this would be a great help for navigation. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In many places NPC ship are sailing through land. Could you please check their path?

Whe  I see it, I usually send an f11- report, but it seems that it doesn't help that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Lack of any official help/manual.

2. Lack of navigation tools -- no fool would go to sea without something!

3. Blazing speed in OW is totally unrealistic (20+ knots in a sailing ship). Allow fast forward or better still do background ff to point of event happening, such as player contact or land sighted. This as an option, in case player is enjoying the sail training and experimenting. Speedy sailing blows the ambiance out of the water.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, r6751 said:

1. Lack of any official help/manual.

2. Lack of navigation tools -- no fool would go to sea without something!

3. Blazing speed in OW is totally unrealistic (20+ knots in a sailing ship). Allow fast forward or better still do background ff to point of event happening, such as player contact or land sighted. This as an option, in case player is enjoying the sail training and experimenting. Speedy sailing blows the ambiance out of the water.

 

1. I second that. Although the game is still in development so a bit of leniency can be given.

2. Definitely. A decent protractor, charts with coordinate grids, and a simple tool that gives you azimut angles to 3 nearest ports (simulating cross-bearing) will make the game that much more immersive. No more need for debug coords, magic GPS-perks (though that can stay as an option for newbies and casual players) or a trader tool that tells you the distance to every port on the map.

3. OW Speed is an effect of Time Dilation. A day in OW obviously does not last 24 hours in real time beause then the game would be unplayable. A fast forward function, acceleration time at player command is impossible to implement in multiplayer, because time cannot be relative between players in the same instance. It's either FF for all (resulting in high OW speeds) or for noone (resulting in several days of gametime required for crossing the map once).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Sea Archer said:

In many places NPC ship are sailing through land. Could you please check their path?

Whe  I see it, I usually send an f11- report, but it seems that it doesn't help that much.

Very old issue.  You can stop reporting it.  Its well down the list of future fixes.

 

14 minutes ago, r6751 said:

1. Lack of any official help/manual.

2. Lack of navigation tools -- no fool would go to sea without something!

3. Blazing speed in OW is totally unrealistic (20+ knots in a sailing ship). Allow fast forward or better still do background ff to point of event happening, such as player contact or land sighted. This as an option, in case player is enjoying the sail training and experimenting. Speedy sailing blows the ambiance out of the water.

 

1. Look up the "welcome to the Caribbean" tutorial that's planned.  Maybe a manual after release?

2. Sextant perk.  Trader tool.  F11 co-ord. 

3. Can you imagine how long it would take to traverse the map at realistic 18th century speeds?  Real winds?  Actual sailing profiles for square rigged ships?  The speed was added to ease gameplay, not be realistic. 

 

All of these have been heavily discussed in the past if you want to search through old posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teak Teak Teak Teak ... nobody wants anything else but Teak.  Where do you find it?  it is under contract for 100s of reals each from months.  You can outbid then get outbid then you get not outbid again .. 

 

Make some woods similar or forget this log jam for crafters of ships. 

Let me add 

Contracts are a big part of this scarcity.  Every port for any product worth trading has contracts in it.  Hopefully this will change in the traders patch.  It is making people quit the game.. especially traders that move long distances.

 

Edited by angriff
add contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is completely different so I will post again.  Port Battle lockout by Clans is a big deal.  I spent days getting to a port, reals to buy the port and moved ships .  Then buy a mine.  Two days later a PB was drawn and the squad that was incharge was no where to be seen.   The port fell.  When I asked someone in the snow after  I saw the squad name they laughed and said they had a life and most were on holidays.   Really?  I lost time money and had to move and could not defend a base I established.   It should be set that anybody /friendly that has a base there that they can defend the PB .. I dont care if I have to pay a tax or some doubloon fee but I should not be locked out. 

The picture is an example not the port that I had worked on.  An example of players given the ability to limit other players ability to get Victory Marks or defend your own territory.  Clans should not have this type of powers.. 

 

 

20190107152456_1.thumb.jpg.9f3a92689c5c437439895188e352b5e4.jpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, angriff said:

This one is completely different so I will post again.  Port Battle lockout by Clans is a big deal.  I spent days getting to a port, reals to buy the port and moved ships .  Then buy a mine.  Two days later a PB was drawn and the squad that was incharge was no where to be seen.   The port fell.  When I asked someone in the snow after  I saw the squad name they laughed and said they had a life and most were on holidays.   Really?  I lost time money and had to move and could not defend a base I established.   It should be set that anybody /friendly that has a base there that they can defend the PB .. I dont care if I have to pay a tax or some doubloon fee but I should not be locked out. 

The picture is an example not the port that I had worked on.  An example of players given the ability to limit other players ability to get Victory Marks or defend your own territory.  Clans should not have this type of powers.. 

 

 

20190107152456_1.thumb.jpg.9f3a92689c5c437439895188e352b5e4.jpg 

Nice example but as in this example people dont want randoms in their portbattles they worked hard for.

The pb lockout was the best thing that could happen back then. If you and your clan want to defend a port talk with the ppl owning the port.

If you want a safe base ask around what is safe and look if a pb timewindow is set on the port.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rediii said:

Nice example but as in this example people dont want randoms in their portbattles they worked hard for.

The pb lockout was the best thing that could happen back then. If you and your clan want to defend a port talk with the ppl owning the port.

If you want a safe base ask around what is safe and look if a pb timewindow is set on the port.

That is the most autocratic leaning canned answer that you get in every conversation in game on the subject.  It is a viewpoint only from the Clan autocrates that only want their game to be played and other players can eat dirt.

The simple fact is I did play when it was first come first serve and it worked  just fine.  Any small group of players could make a battle and others could join the fun.   The only issue back then was the stupid circle of death mechanics now used in the PZ areas.  These mechanic has apparently been changed for the better but I cannot be sure because I am locked out to defend my own buildings, stored and ships in the port.

I watched several twitches on PB and I hear the laughter and chatter on the fight.  I see the clan simple joy is dominance in isolation.  They laugh and chordle at the failure of other players failing to operate and create a small exclusive club.  (we dont let people in our clan until we have worked with them a while is the call)

The current PB do not allow the majority of player new or old to participate in one of the most notable features of this game.  They never see it nor can participate in it.  The Clans are exactly that Clandestine groups of good old boys clubs that think they know what is best for for other players.  It is a false sense of security when they ruin the game for others with their selfishness.  You cant see it because of your bias.  You even have a degrading name for them "randoms"

Simple fact is the Clans have and will kill the game. They did it when the Chinese played and they do it to other games but many good game prevent this singular group bias.

 

PS I just had to move my second port now since the same group that created the first debacle is now set to lose the second port.  I did not think to look at who owned it when I set up shop in a British Port.  Now I had to move three ships and all my cargo because I suspect that same CLAN will be AWOL.  Also when I challenged the loss the Clan laughed.  They said that there were two ports being attacked at the same time  and the one was chosen to defend.  But guess what that is not published and it certainly is not published early enough to let players (or little randoms as you like the slander them) know that decision not to defend the port.  The fact is the Havoc port your clan Havoc got preferential treatment in that decision  as some sort of secret boys club nod

Clans do not act on behalf of the player base.  They do not even act on behalf of the Nation.  They act on behalf of themselves and have directed to devs to make the mechanics favor your type of ingame country clubs.

Edited by angriff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, angriff said:

That is the most autocratic leaning canned answer that you get in every conversation in game on the subject.  It is a viewpoint only from the Clan autocrates that only want their game to be played and other players can eat dirt.

The simple fact is I did play when it was first come first serve and it worked  just fine.  Any small group of players could make a battle and others could join the fun.   The only issue back then was the stupid circle of death mechanics now used in the PZ areas.  These mechanic has apparently been changed for the better but I cannot be sure because I am locked out to defend my own buildings, stored and ships in the port.

I watched several twitches on PB and I hear the laughter and chatter on the fight.  I see the clan simple joy is dominance in isolation.  They laugh and chordle at the failure of other players failing to operate and create a small exclusive club.  (we dont let people in our clan until we have worked with them a while is the call)

The current PB do not allow the majority of player new or old to participate in one of the most notable features of this game.  They never see it nor can participate in it.  The Clans are exactly that Clandestine groups of good old boys clubs that think they know what is best for for other players.  It is a false sense of security when they ruin the game for others with their selfishness.  You cant see it because of your bias.  You even have a degrading name for them "randoms"

Simple fact is the Clans have and will kill the game. They did it when the Chinese played and they do it to other games but many good game prevent this singular group bias.

 

PS I just had to move my second port now since the same group that created the first debacle is now set to lose the second port.  I did not think to look at who owned it when I set up shop in a British Port.  Now I had to move three ships and all my cargo because I suspect that same CLAN will be AWOL.  Also when I challenged the loss the Clan laughed.  They said that there were two ports being attacked at the same time  and the one was chosen to defend.  But guess what that is not published and it certainly is not published early enough to let players (or little randoms as you like the slander them) know that decision not to defend the port.  The fact is the Havoc port your clan Havoc got preferential treatment in that decision  as some sort of secret boys club nod

Clans do not act on behalf of the player base.  They do not even act on behalf of the Nation.  They act on behalf of themselves and have directed to devs to make the mechanics favor your type of ingame country clubs.

Whatever you say against it every RvR players knows and likes the mechanic against randoms and alts. While in the old mechanic 1 ship of a random or alt was only 1/25 of your fleet and you could still do something (even though everyone was pissed) in the todays mechanic the random/alt can be 1/4th of the entire portbattlefleet.

The higher need of clandecisioned portbattleplayers came from the BR limits the ports nowadays have.

I also dont realy get what's your problem here. Talk with the clan and if they need help defending the port im pretty sure they would invite you to clan for the duration of the PB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locked Port Battles were desperately needed due to  alts ruining rvr left and right.

It's nice when people want to participate in Port Battles. It's not nice if they can randomly join a Port Battle and are not even on Teamspeak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be a list, slots assigned. Commander has option to turn slots into free for any friend or nation, if ever needed. I guess it needs huge programming power and super computers to achieve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, angriff said:

That is the most autocratic leaning canned answer that you get in every conversation in game on the subject.  It is a viewpoint only from the Clan autocrates that only want their game to be played and other players can eat dirt.

The simple fact is I did play when it was first come first serve and it worked  just fine.  Any small group of players could make a battle and others could join the fun.   The only issue back then was the stupid circle of death mechanics now used in the PZ areas.  These mechanic has apparently been changed for the better but I cannot be sure because I am locked out to defend my own buildings, stored and ships in the port.

I watched several twitches on PB and I hear the laughter and chatter on the fight.  I see the clan simple joy is dominance in isolation.  They laugh and chordle at the failure of other players failing to operate and create a small exclusive club.  (we dont let people in our clan until we have worked with them a while is the call)

The current PB do not allow the majority of player new or old to participate in one of the most notable features of this game.  They never see it nor can participate in it.  The Clans are exactly that Clandestine groups of good old boys clubs that think they know what is best for for other players.  It is a false sense of security when they ruin the game for others with their selfishness.  You cant see it because of your bias.  You even have a degrading name for them "randoms"

Simple fact is the Clans have and will kill the game. They did it when the Chinese played and they do it to other games but many good game prevent this singular group bias.

 

PS I just had to move my second port now since the same group that created the first debacle is now set to lose the second port.  I did not think to look at who owned it when I set up shop in a British Port.  Now I had to move three ships and all my cargo because I suspect that same CLAN will be AWOL.  Also when I challenged the loss the Clan laughed.  They said that there were two ports being attacked at the same time  and the one was chosen to defend.  But guess what that is not published and it certainly is not published early enough to let players (or little randoms as you like the slander them) know that decision not to defend the port.  The fact is the Havoc port your clan Havoc got preferential treatment in that decision  as some sort of secret boys club nod

Clans do not act on behalf of the player base.  They do not even act on behalf of the Nation.  They act on behalf of themselves and have directed to devs to make the mechanics favor your type of ingame country clubs.

They own the port, they pay for the timers and upkeep (while you dont) so they have the rights to do what they want.

 

If you dont like that:

Set your base in the safe zone with uncapturable ports without any clan owners.

 

The old system was pretty toxic and exploited by nationals and enemies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WRONG WRONG... I see why the game is dying with locked content.  Instead of solving the problem they made it worse.

TS is another exclusionary area.  The game needs to be inclusive not exclusive.

Having the defending team being able to kick out offending players is much better than denying everyone.  You can ask them to leave and if they are not supportive then you can move them to another instance that does not affect the game or disable their guns and sinking into an observer function.   This is much better than a cold you are locked out and F you.   

Edited by angriff
added comments for better game play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, angriff said:

Teak Teak Teak Teak ... nobody wants anything else but Teak.  Where do you find it?  it is under contract for 100s of reals each from months.  You can outbid then get outbid then you get not outbid again .. 

 

Make some woods similar or forget this log jam for crafters of ships. 

Let me add 

Contracts are a big part of this scarcity.  Every port for any product worth trading has contracts in it.  Hopefully this will change in the traders patch.  It is making people quit the game.. especially traders that move long distances.

 

Quoted in order to change subjects

 

I hope the trader patch will solve this other problem.  The game stops being worth the time when you travel to port only to see this. 

Come back another time, you say?  Well there should be an allocation of half to the inventory of the port and half to satisfy contracts to supply.  If you let people teleport around all the time and tie up all the inventory then there is nothing for the shopping floor so to speak and you shop looks empty and not worth the trouble ... very very disappointing after 30 minutes of travel time and limited outposts to teleport in space age style.  Make player work for it or it has no value. 

 

20190113185225_1.thumb.jpg.0578c18e911f4923a21673b6116bd723.jpg

20190113193854_1.jpg

Edited by angriff
removed chat window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×