Game-Labs Forum

[Completed] Port Map for Cuba 4300x3400px

What a 2900km trip this was. Enjoyed copious quantities of rum, fine weather and boxes of those big boy Cuban cigars ;)

Not sure about the base map for this one, I may still change it.

Do you captains prefer the older style maps or would you like them to be more modern like Google maps?

As always if you spot a mistake or something I’ve missed, please let me know.

1872%20Cuba%20and%20Bahamas_02.jpg

Cheers all. 

• Like 5

Ahoy Captains,

I have been playing around with different map formats as an alternative to old clutter maps. These maps are huge, thus allowing Captains to add important information relating to points of interest, resources, trade winds etc.

The sample below is a slice of the Cuba map. Thoughts?

Capture_GCM.PNG

• Like 1

Older map is better for me. Modern maps is better for details in the coast.

The cuban flags? Indicate neutral ports? In other maps yours there is other flag indicating neutrals.

You can be the ultimate Naval Action cartographer if you draw your own from scratch with a pencil ;)

Edited by Siegfried

Thanks for your thoughts on map styles, appreciated Siegfried :)

Re: the flags, for the Dominican Republic and Haiti I used their own flags for the neutral ports, both countries used the same flag in 1880. So it only seemed fair to use Cuba’s Flag for neutral ports in their country.

Edited by graphite

Just found a Pirate Harbor on Cayman Brac (which is it's name as well).

Next one: George Town on Cayman Islands (same location as on google maps). Neutral.

Thanks Tesh, will update the map :)

I have seen a few old Charts that have profile views of Islands,this would help greatly in identifying where you are as well.

Yeah had a look at them, but I'm easily confused ;)

My suggestion is: join forces all who doing maps now and start make one! Could be tricky and not easy...but...we got great community here!

I agree Bart, Yamms is making one using Adobe Illustrator, it's a lot of work but should be perfect as a base to build upon ;) 

on the southwest side of "isle of pines" there is a port which is not on your map. great work btw

Thanks Schuetzengel, will update the map over the weekend :)