4. Coxswain

5. Boatswain

6. Quartermaster

7. Captain

8. Pirate

9. Scourge of the seven seas

10 Admiral of the Black

3. Jack Tar

isn't Jack Tar a navy term? Either English or American?

4. Coxswain

5. Boatswain

6. Quartermaster

7. Captain

These are jobs/positions rather than ranks. They were suggested earlier but seeing that (technically) all ships had them, more unique "piratey" titles could be used

Greetings Devs and Captains,

Just wanted to express my disagreement with the current pirate ranks.

We aren't all evil. Many pirates just desire freedom from the status quo. Sure, we may kill a few people to gain that freedom... maybe one or two here and there cause they looked at us wrong, but... demon? Devil?

The others aren't horrible, but for the top ranks I don't really want to be known as Demon Catfish (although that does have a certain ring to it.)

I want to be a Captain. Famous pirates were always Captains. I don't really have suggestions to replace some of the more fantastical names, but I have seen lots of posts with suggestions that I feel fit the theme better.

Just my two bits of gold.

Cheers,

Captain Catfish Quinn

We aren't all evil. Many pirates just desire freedom from the status quo. Sure, we may kill a few people to gain that freedom... maybe one or two here and there cause they looked at us wrong, but... demon? Devil?

The others aren't horrible, but for the top ranks I don't really want to be known as Demon Catfish (although that does have a certain ring to it.)

I want to be a Captain. Famous pirates were always Captains. I don't really have suggestions to replace some of the more fantastical names, but I have seen lots of posts with suggestions that I feel fit the theme better.

Merged your post with the old topic. Demon and devil received the most criticisms so they might be modified later.

My suggestions, based on some above as well:

Lubber

Mutineer

Cutthroat

Buccaneer

Corsair

Notorious

Infamous

Terror of the Seas

Dread Pirate

Pirate King

• Like 3

On 1/26/2016 at 5:16 PM, Barberouge said:

Merged your post with the old topic. Demon and devil received the most criticisms so they might be modified later.

Fixed

Final ranks

• Thief
  • Rascal
  • Scoundrel
  • Rogue
  • Mutineer
  • Rover
  • Brigand
  • Plunderer
  • Raider
  • Scourge
  • Terror
  • Curse
  • Like 3

Rogue :)

maybe you could do a dlc with a bunch of seperate ranks. Im sure there are more ideas out there

I hate all the cute and imaginative names for pirate ranks.  Pirates steal from other people and therefor they should steal the ranks from other nations.  Either give us a choice of what Nation's ranks to use or give us a mixture of all the other Nation's ranks.