Was sailing a bit NE of Cuba coast:

Port-de-Paix            19.938-72.846  Neutral

Baracoa                   20.359-75.562  Neutral

Nipe                         20.792-75.562  Neutral

Puerto del Padre     21.240-76.546  Neutral

Nuevitas                  21.615-77.147  Neutral

Cayo Coco              22.473-78.326  Neutral

Please update map with those ones.

P.S. Always thought that all Cuba was spanish...

I'm talking about the Quartermaster mapping application.

In my travel Fort Oranje is in the Bonaire island the next at east from Curacao. In Curacao is Willemstadt where your map is marked like Fort Baii and the next west island named Aruba is Fort Zoutman where you has marked like Oranjestad. The three town I am talking about are United de Provinciën all of them.

Oranjestad I think is in the Virgin islands or near Gustavia, but when I was there I didn't log my travel.

And the port of Plymouth in Montserrat is neutral, not english.

Maybe not all of us we have the same town names?

P.S. Many people gave the game coordinates but we nave not aposibility for enter that coordinate and see where the ports are. And now that servers are down...

Edited by Siegfried

I'm talking about the Quartermaster mapping application.

In my travel Fort Oranje is in the Bonaire island the next at east from Curacao. In Curacao is Willemstadt where your map is marked like Fort Baii and the next west island named Aruba is Fort Zoutman where you has marked like Oranjestad. The three town I am talking about are United de Provinciën all of them.

Oranjestad I think is in the Virgin islands or near Gustavia, but when I was there I didn't log my travel.

There may have been something with the coords I gave...

Vcfz51C.jpg

Yeah jodgi, that is more like I remember that area. Quartermaster guessed oranjestad was in curacao because that name is duplicated in real life.

Pampatar, neutral (11000, -63794)

La Blanquilla, pirate (11840, -64645)

La tortuga, neutral (10900, -65335)

La Orchilla, neutral (11800, -66115)

Someone can give the ports of Nevis, St Kitts. I need too Saba at SW of St Kitts and Anguilla at north of St Marteen. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate the interest.

Since OW is temp down I am working on creating a better basemap:

Which I found to be very nice.

Originally I had planned to convert OW coordinates from X,Z to Lat,Long for use in the map.  However, my initial data points and some of the others I recieved didnt look like a simple linear conversion was going to work.  That problem could arise from incorrect reporting or data, assumptions of geo coordinates, projection issues and map rotation or scaling.

In any case, the inconsistancies I feel add to the "entertainment" and "rumour" of the map.  Besides, if I understand the intended progression of the OW then indeed the ports of players will change in the future and I actually heard a comment the other day that the map could change as well.

As soon as OW opens back up, I will begin updating the map again, assuming nothing major has changed and in the future look forward to also placing markers for fleets, battle areas, traders etc.

Quartermaster

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate the interest.

Since OW is temp down I am working on creating a better basemap:

Which I found to be very nice.

Originally I had planned to convert OW coordinates from X,Z to Lat,Long for use in the map.  However, my initial data points and some of the others I recieved didnt look like a simple linear conversion was going to work.  That problem could arise from incorrect reporting or data, assumptions of geo coordinates, projection issues and map rotation or scaling.

In any case, the inconsistancies I feel add to the "entertainment" and "rumour" of the map.  Besides, if I understand the intended progression of the OW then indeed the ports of players will change in the future and I actually heard a comment the other day that the map could change as well.

As soon as OW opens back up, I will begin updating the map again, assuming nothing major has changed and in the future look forward to also placing markers for fleets, battle areas, traders etc.

Quartermaster

The map suggested by Sir Cloudsley-Shovell its very nice but sadly not cover area we got implemented in game...so i guess we have to find another "base" map...or stay with yours first one

I much prefer the style of the Sir Cloudsley-Shovell sourced map. Less sea clutter and better contrast between the sea and land. Plus it's more of the period

I like style of this map just saying that not cover all regions we have in game...

I have updated the map with my newly discovered locations:  http://arcg.is/1F3BtOD

Current Naval Action Map of OpenWorld

Since it is my understanding that a number of ports may have changed I will only add new updates going forward.

In order to avoid confusion could you please submit new or updated locations with latitude and longitude coordinates.  If you go to the map and hover the mouse over the location you will see the correct latitude and longitude coordinates displayed at the bottom of the map.

Lat,Long coords

Quartermaster

I have updated the map with my newly discovered locations:  http://arcg.is/1F3BtOD

Since it is my understanding that a number of ports may have changed I will only add new updates going forward.

In order to avoid confusion could you please submit new or updated locations with latitude and longitude coordinates.  If you go to the map and hover the mouse over the location you will see the correct latitude and longitude coordinates displayed at the bottom of the map.

Quartermaster

FYI, a lot of ports have changed nationalities. I haven't checked your ports, but just be aware that ports you visited before the last patch might have changed hands.

I like style of this map just saying that not cover all regions we have in game...

I dunno, I've been using it to navigate and it seems to be ok... Although I've only been sailing about the coast of venezuala since I started using it... It's interestingly more accurate than google maps is for that area :)

Edit: please ignore me, only just realised that it doesn't cover Florida or the gulf of mexico at all :rolleyes:

Edited by Hunter

Salina Point

Neutral

Parrot Cay

French

Port Howe

British

Gibuara (In-Game)

Gibara (Google Maps)

Spain

Puerto de Nipe (In-Game)

Playa de Morales (Google Maps)

Neutral

Baracoa

Spain

Edited by Havelock

La Isabela

neutral

x 306877.3

z 113201.5

Puerto Plata

Spain

x  324436.4

z 110822.4

Rincon

Spain

x 340415.9

z105374.8

Bahia Escocesa

Neutral

x 365312.1

z 89105.1

Macao

Neutral

x 424189.2

z 61148.7

Higuey

Spain

x 422069.7

z 40609.5

La Mona

Pirates

x 453301.1

z 26168.9

Castries

France

x 772095.6

z -167653.3

Marin 

Neutral

x 778765.3

z -149311.8

Edited by Inigo Balboa

Was sailing a bit NE of Cuba coast:

Port-de-Paix            19.938-72.846  Neutral

Baracoa                   20.359-75.562  Neutral

Nipe                         20.792-75.562  Neutral

Puerto del Padre     21.240-76.546  Neutral

Nuevitas                  21.615-77.147  Neutral

Cayo Coco              22.473-78.326  Neutral

Please update map with those ones.

P.S. Always thought that all Cuba was spanish...

Here are some i posted earlier...