1. 1. How much time will you spend playing a day once released

2. 2. Will travel times that exceed your playtime discourage you playing

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • We will find out
    • Why is this a big deal?
    • Other( explain in post)
  3. 3. Should travel times be scaled back to allow more to players who are limited in playtime by RL concerns

• Yes
    • No
    • There should be a way to satisfy both hardcore and casual gamers so they can enjoy all content
    • Don't know
    • Don't care
    • Other ( explain in post)

Honestly am a bit disappointed by the votes. 

People seems not thinking about what realm versus realm will look like with that time of travel.

The point is not much is that boring or not. May I have enough time for such travel or not. But more about how can we animate a such map with the population we can reach. 

Even if that game already looks awesome and have done many promesses, I doubt we'll reach several thousands players connected at the same time. It's an expert and time eater game. So, do not count on a very huge population like a War Thunder or a World of Tanks arcade games.

Even if I really appreciate the form it takes and long travels to find an ennemies, I'm really feared about that point. There is noway we can have a decent RvR with such distances to cross. Players will concentrate in the middle of the map with nothing happening on peripheries. I really think developpers and testers both have to re-think about that. We really NEED to make travels faster in my opinion.

Even if I really appreciate the form it takes and long travels to find an ennemies, I'm really feared about that point. There is noway we can have a decent RvR with such distances to cross. Players will concentrate in the middle of the map with nothing happening on peripheries. I really think developpers and testers both have to re-think about that. We really NEED to make travels faster in my opinion.

Naval Action is an experience. Seeing a huge enemy fleet was a rare sight in the age of sail. 

Fighting will concentrate in areas important to Nations and guilds, some areas will be quiet. 

• Like 2

Am satisfied too, Not saying it's boring or too slow. I really appreciate it. My point is : how to make realm vs realm dynamic with only some tens of captains online on a such huge map?

Edited by Makhno

My only concern in regards to travel. A player with limited daily time might not want to spend half a week traveling to some of the further ports just to turn around and do it again for a single trade run.

From my understanding you cansave at sea while logged off without fear of being attacke. That should help but how many players will buy a game that requires that muvh time for a single roudabout trip.

• Like 1

Am satisfied too, Not saying it's boring or too slow. I really appreciate it. My point is : how to make realm vs realm dynamic with only some tens of captains online on a such huge map?

I already find it hard to sail in the Christiansted area due to a lot of player enemies of varied flags and ship sizes. 

Can you elaborate what do you mean by dynamic RvR?

ps there is another big plus - no gate camps.

Honestly am a bit disappointed by the votes. 

People seems not thinking about what realm versus realm will look like with that time of travel.

The point is not much is that boring or not. May I have enough time for such travel or not. But more about how can we animate a such map with the population we can reach. 

Even if that game already looks awesome and have done many promesses, I doubt we'll reach several thousands players connected at the same time. It's an expert and time eater game. So, do not count on a very huge population like a War Thunder or a World of Tanks arcade games.

I'm finding that I'm now slowly moving across the map far from my home base. Capturing ships, repairing in neutral ports etc. Because I don't need to start each session from home the large map is no problem at all. 

I enjoy the long travel times for two major reasons:

1: It is that immersive feel of sailing long distances that you should get from a sailing game. Even such a scaled back and casual game as LoZ: Windwaker had you sailing some pretty decent distances that were by no means short in time. It provides a feeling of achievement when you finally reach your destination after a long sail: after sailing from San Juan to Havana (all day most likely) you should feel like you have accomplished something major. 

2: It creates a more balanced RvR system: So back in PotBS, someone could be attacking Barbados, and people from mexico would be able to sail all the way over and be able to stop the attackers. In the matter, organizing a flip (which was what attacking a port was called) was as easy as "hey, we flipping Havana, all pvpers come on". As soon as points started going up, the opposing side could say "lol, they flipping San Juan, everybody go stop them" With a long time/distance system such as this, any major organized effort will have to be just that: planned out and prepared for. Any response would be limited to the immediate area. Again, just more ire from a faulty PotBS system that I would not like to see here.

• Like 3

My play time is very dependent on how often my wife tells me I am spending too much time playing those silly computer games! :(

Also in the summer I'd rather be outside, hopefully sailing in RL!

I would agree with William the Drake on the RvR balance and travel time as long as I can save and log off at reasonable intervals noted by Mouse above.

• Like 1